Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Super Contributor

Re: Spark Business Cash too low, won't budge on intial increase

Jenn10011 wrote:

Unfortunately, Amex wont work as they're not accepted much in our industry.

Our backup is Chase Ink, who gave us a pretty good limit on day 1 of our business but that's only 1%. Main reason we added the Spark was the 2%, for our larger vendor charges. So we have a backup, but would rather just put everything on the 2% card.

Going to call in again since we're at around the 7 month point, but not hopeful.

Capital One is very nervous these days, due to their industry-leading default rates which have taken a sharp upward turn.

They recently jettisoned my 5 year old credit card accounts although they were in perfectly good standing and have always been so.

FICO8 EQ 767 TU 803 EX 773 FICO5 EQ 722 Total revolving 419500
Valued Contributor

Any luck with CapOne increasing your limit on the Spark?

Supposedly there was a capability to merge credit lines. I haven't tried it, but I probably should consolidate the 1.5% cash version of the Spark with the 2%'s CL.  (and get a card off of my report)

Some issuers won't make large incremental increases, but will instead approve a much higher limit on a new card, which you can then consolidate with the first. Taking three HPs isn't the most fun, but one could take some solace in obtaining another sign-up bonus and/or introductory APR offer.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Regular Contributor

I referred a client to spark biz for the 2%. They opened with 20k which was too small. They kept going up in 20k increments. I know it's at 100k now but they still have to make payments during the month. But I know they have a guy they call in Richmond and he just issues them massive credits in exchange for those points whenever they want. So they have like a personal rep to deal with.
------------------------------------------------

What's in my wallet?

Amex Blue Cash Preferred and Capital One Spark Business.

HOLY SSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did my fourth try for an increase online and got APPROVED for 8k!!!!!

Was barely paying attention as I expected to see the ridiculous $200 offer and deny it, and couldn't believe my eyes.

Very very weird with no rhyme or reason, but really happy! This goes from nearly unusable/huge PITA to not perfect but mostly usable!

Yay!

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

We just got a $3K increae out of them but they are being replaced by the nice  new shiny Chase Ink.  Depending on how some  things like internet portal fees fall out with Chase they may be back  on the Spark card.  Portal fees for us around $4K a year. 

Yup Ink is our other bc, first one actually with a 20k before we even had a business, go figure. We use that for the 5% categories and as a cushion for larger charges, but really nothing other than that since we've been getting the 2%.

Still can't  believe it!

Valued Contributor

Congrats on finally getting a nice CLI on your Spark card. 

Starting scores early 2015: Upper 500's with no revolving credit. Current scores 9/20: EX 756 EQ 737 TU 761 Total CL's: $387,950

Thanks - still in shock, both so happy - hopefully within a year or so we can be up near 20k like our Ink

Side note - had no idea you can do personalized images/logos on these cards! Very cool

Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Most Used: CSR | Amex Platinum | Amex Blue Business Plus
Others: Venture | Freedom

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.