Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Business Classic Gameplan/Help

tag
snowwake8
Established Member

Spark Business Classic Gameplan/Help

Hi there,

Started my own business last Fall (planning, business license, corporation, bank accounts, etc).  Really started performing business functions/sales/expenses/etc beginning of 2017.  Last month I applied for a Spark Business Classic and was approved with a $500 limit with 1% cash back.  Seeing that I was approved for those, I received an Amex for my business in the mail and I applied for that with PG as well and was not approved, and I also applied at my credit union using PG and was not approved.  So I'm done applying for stuff for the time being.

But, I am running a decent amount through the card.  Ran it up to almost max for 1st statement.  Paid it off entirely.  Not have a couple of large charges will run it up to limit and pay off right away.  In 2nd month of having the card I'll likely run it to max and pay it off 3 times before my next statement.

When I applied for the card nothing was mentioned credit steps program at all.  My question is how long should I go until I request a CLI? Is there a backdoor 800 number I can call to get on the phone with someone and explain in person how much i'm running through the card and possibly get a CLI?

Also, I was looking through posts and I noticed someone had asked and successfully had Cap1 change their Spark Classic into one of the better tier business credit cards.  Is there any advice on this and how long until something like this can happen?

Basically I don't need credit currently but I want to be proactive in building my credit (especially not having to use PG).  I also want to take advantage of any cash reward offers available.  I'm currently running A LOT more then $500 through per month and that will only increase as time goes on.  I'm open to other options out there as well that I might not have seen.

Thanks for the reply.  Any advice/recc is much appreciated.

Take care!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spark Business Classic Gameplan/Help

Spark business classic is easy to get but hard to get cli with it. I too have the card when Citi and Amex denied my applications. Just make sure your utilization is less than 30% when the statement gets generated. You may try for CLI after third statement.

Best bet would be to rely on other lenders once your score gets improved. I am trying for NFCU and will update how it goes once my app goes through.
Message 2 of 4
snowwake8
Established Member

Ok, thanks for the info.  I went ahead and applied for a CLI just because.  Based on my financials I don't see why they wouldn't.  I guess best course of action is to look into a future convert from the Spark Classic to one of their higher teir cards.  Anyone have any experience with this and reccomendations for success on this?

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them time.  Our biz is well established.  We started with a very low $1500 limit. At 90 days they offered us $500 bonus and new card with 13K limit. We still have the low limt card for employee use.  We never asked for a cli.  We are D&B rated and have a good paydex score.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.