Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Business Denial

tag
godscountry
Regular Contributor

Spark Business Denial

Recently had a mega spree.  Details HERE

I apped for about 8 cards BEFORE trying CapOne.  There wasnt an HP for each app and at least 3 of the apps were TU pulls.  I was going to app for Quicksilver first then Spark, but saw the criteria said Excellent credit for both so figured UW was the same.  So pulled trigger on Spark, immediate denial.  Immediately apped for QS and was approved.  Then apped for Venture and denied.  Letter in the mail said reason for denial for Spark was too many inquiries (over half of my inquiries were mortgage pulls from past 3 months.  The score they had was 671 on EX.  (yet the score AMEX and Chase had for me for that day was 687)

Why deny me Spark for too many inquiries then turn around and approve me for QS???  Spoke with an agent on FB and they said they are going to review the Spark app again.  This was a shocker to me, especially that I got the QS with $3k limit...was expecting a lot more being that I was a Platinum card holder with flawless history and currently a QS One holder.  Subsequently, I apped and was approved for Citi DC ($10k), WF Propel $2500, and Fidelity AMEX $5k. Thoughts?

Current Scores: EX 652 I EQ 688 I TU 696
Cards appear in order of approval
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spark Business Denial

call the EO office and have it manually reviewed

Message 2 of 3
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Spark Business Denial

@Creditaddict wrote:

call the EO office and have it manually reviewed

I did this through Twitter and it worked. I was still denied, but at least someone reviewed it. The denial was from them looking at business credit reports. One reason said too much credit and then another said not enough established credit. Silly, but I just let it go since I didn't really need it. I'll apply in about one year, but good luck.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.