cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Cash card for business and personal?

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

Spark Cash card for business and personal?

So I have two Quicksilver MasterCards. I have all the 1.5% CL I need with the $5900 line.. I'm thinking of PCing the other ($4500) line to something else from Capital One's lineup. Spark Cash is 2% everything, unlimited.. but it's a business card. Anyone familiar with this card? Is it useable for personal purchases, is there some limitation with it being a business card? Thanks

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spark Cash card for business and personal?

@Bman70 wrote:

So I have two Quicksilver MasterCards. I have all the 1.5% CL I need with the $5900 line.. I'm thinking of PCing the other ($4500) line to something else from Capital One's lineup. Spark Cash is 2% everything, unlimited.. but it's a business card. Anyone familiar with this card? Is it useable for personal purchases, is there some limitation with it being a business card? Thanks

I have the Spark Cash and the 2% is great but it does report on your personal credit each month regardless of being delinquent which can be the downside of it being a business card.

I don't think they much care rather you use it for personal or business but you can't PC personal to a business card.

Message 2 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

If you can spend the $5000 in the first 3 months to get the signup bonus, then this is a great card to have for a year. However, the question then becomes, is it worth it to pay the $59 annual fee and keep using the card, or should you close it? The answer probably depends on whether you will be putting a very large spend on the card every year or not. If you don't spend enough to get more cash back than your Quicksilver would earn, then there doesn't seem to be much point in having the card anymore.

Spark Cash.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 9
Bman70
Established Contributor

Great chart, thanks. So it would take $1000 / month to match Quicksilver. Hmm, fidelity Amex is more appealing

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

Great chart, thanks. So it would take $1000 / month to match Quicksilver. Hmm, fidelity Amex is more appealing

Love Fidelity Amex!

Message 5 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Bman70 wrote:

Love Fidelity Amex!

Fidelity Amex is great. However, if you don't want it because it is an Amex, the NASA FCU Platinum Cash Rewards VISA card earns only $17.50 less per year than the Fidelity Amex.

Total $443,800
Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

I have the sparks classic card and it is just as good as the fidelity card......

Here's what I did: 

1) Applied for the no fee card

2) Waited 6 months after approval and asked EO to upgrade the rewards to the 2% (approved) 

So I have no AF and get 2% on everything which in my case rewarded me with approx. $680 cash back last year

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

I have the sparks classic card and it is just as good as the fidelity card......

Here's what I did: 

2) Waited 6 months after approval and asked EO to upgrade the rewards to the 2% (approved) 

So I have no AF and get 2% on everything which in my case rewarded me with approx. $680 cash back last year

Nice trick. So your online account still says it is a Spark Cash Select?

Edit: oh, I see there is a Sparc Classic card at 1%. So thats the one you have.

Total $443,800
Message 8 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Here's what I did: 

Nice trick. So your online account still says it is a Spark Cash Select?

Edit: oh, I see there is a Sparc Classic card at 1%. So thats the one you have.

I tried to spread the word about the trickSmiley Wink CAP1 will upgrade the rewards system w/o any problem. I even tried to get them to do it for my personal card Lol But they said the QS rate was the best for personal .... Can't balme me for trying all they could have said was yes right. I made the switch about a year and half ago.

Spark® Classic for Business

Spark Classic for BusinessGet the credit you want for your business, and 1% cash back on 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.