Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Classic for business upgrade

tag
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Spark Classic for business upgrade

I have had the spark classic card for about 5 months now. They started the card at a 2K limit and I was able to CLI it to 3K around three months. I am also due for a credit steps increase in the next month or two. Anyway, jumped on chat today and asked if I coud upgrade the card to the Spark Cash Select card. They said I had an offer to upgrade and it would not affect my credit steps upgrade so I went ahead with it. I didn't want the AF so I chose the Cash Select. I've put quite a bit through this card so I'm hoping for a large credit steps increase. I guess it is a visa sig now?

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Spark Classic for business upgrade

Great job!
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats you have done well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Longroad
Established Contributor

@mattmyFIC0 wrote:

I have had the spark classic card for about 5 months now. They started the card at a 2K limit and I was able to CLI it to 3K around three months. I am also due for a credit steps increase in the next month or two. Anyway, jumped on chat today and asked if I coud upgrade the card to the Spark Cash Select card. They said I had an offer to upgrade and it would not affect my credit steps upgrade so I went ahead with it. I didn't want the AF so I chose the Cash Select. I've put quite a bit through this card so I'm hoping for a large credit steps increase. I guess it is a visa sig now?

Congrats on the sucess. Out of curosity, when you apped for the Spark, did they triple pull your personal credit like they do on personal cards or did you get by with a single bureau pull?

Message 4 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Yes they do pull all 3 CB's 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I am new and am doing a lot of reading here.😅 Do you mind if I ask a question regarding the cards people have pictured under their comments, how do they do this?

Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I am new and am doing a lot of reading here.😅 Do you mind if I ask a question regarding the cards people have pictured under their comments, how do they do this?

Welcome to the forum 

See the link below 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

SAHM - Can I ask why your starting Limit was only 2k?

What did you put as personal and projected income?

Just wondering because we just started our business a week ago and got a 9k starting limit with Bank of America.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on your personal credit profile. My profile is barely two years old and had scores little above 700 when I applied. They too issues me Classic business spark for 2k limit. They do report to your personal though
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.