Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark Decline - Options ?

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Spark Decline - Options ?

Hey everyone

DW applied for a Spark card for her LLC over the weekend and was declined.  She tried calling CapOne to speak to an analyst, and was transferred 3 or more times and no one seemed to be able to help her.  One person couldn't even find the app.  At first she called 800-625-7866, then 800-707-0489.  The second rep gave her a third number, and when she called there the other person spoke such poor Engligh - if at all - that she couldn't even communicate.

Any opinions on what she should do next ? A phone number, an email address ? Always appreciate the help here.

Cheers.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Spark Decline - Options ?

Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Spark Decline - Options ?

What's on her credit?
Email exc office for recon
Message 3 of 14
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Spark Decline - Options ? - UPDATE

She received the denial letter and it was because 2 of her reports are frozen, they wanted to pull all three. 

This really irks me, she was looking for a business starter card with a low limit for a few expenses a month.  Its my opinion (for whatever that counts for) that one CR should be sufficient, I can see pulling all 3 on a $500k mortgage app.  And thats just what I had her say when she emailed the XO.

A very nice woman returned her call and told her that was their policy, but if she unlocked the other two it would only be a soft pull.  My wife is supposed to call back Monday.  

This really doesn't make sense to me, though.  They wanted hard pulls on all three, and now if she unlocks the other two CapOne is saying they will only be SPs.  Not sure what to do...leaning towards just telling them thanks but no thanks.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Maybe she is getting lucky and now that exec office is handling it and manual review is being done they will just do SP on other 2 but Cap1 has ALWAYS pulled all 3 and I have once gotten through with 1 frozen and they pulled 2 but otherwise they want all 3 and the computer kicks the app out if not.

Message 5 of 14
Javagafire
Established Member

I did an app two months ago and got declined. I had my experian report frozen and they pulled EQ only. 

Does anyone know what's a good time to reapply again after a denial? 45 days, 2 months, 6 months?

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If the issue was frozen reports... Unlock them all and reapply after 30 days.
Message 7 of 14
Javagafire
Established Member

Will do and will report back on the results Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Javagafire wrote:

What was your reason for denial? Was it for the same reasons as OP?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Javagafire wrote:

Any Update?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.