Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Spark Decline - Options ?

Hey everyone

DW applied for a Spark card for her LLC over the weekend and was declined.  She tried calling CapOne to speak to an analyst, and was transferred 3 or more times and no one seemed to be able to help her.  One person couldn't even find the app.  At first she called 800-625-7866, then 800-707-0489.  The second rep gave her a third number, and when she called there the other person spoke such poor Engligh - if at all - that she couldn't even communicate.

Any opinions on what she should do next ? A phone number, an email address ? Always appreciate the help here.

Cheers.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,

Re: Spark Decline - Options ?

Epic Contributor

Re: Spark Decline - Options ?

What's on her credit?
Email exc office for recon
Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Established Contributor

Re: Spark Decline - Options ? - UPDATE

She received the denial letter and it was because 2 of her reports are frozen, they wanted to pull all three. 

This really irks me, she was looking for a business starter card with a low limit for a few expenses a month.  Its my opinion (for whatever that counts for) that one CR should be sufficient, I can see pulling all 3 on a $500k mortgage app.  And thats just what I had her say when she emailed the XO.

A very nice woman returned her call and told her that was their policy, but if she unlocked the other two it would only be a soft pull.  My wife is supposed to call back Monday.  

This really doesn't make sense to me, though.  They wanted hard pulls on all three, and now if she unlocks the other two CapOne is saying they will only be SPs.  Not sure what to do...leaning towards just telling them thanks but no thanks.

Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE $19.7k, Amex HH Surpass $11.3k, Amex Simply Cash Business $3k, Chase Ink Bold $15k (flex)Chase Sapphire Preffered $26k, Citi Diamond $13.3k, Citi TY Preferred $10.5k, Virgin Atlantic Amex $8k, Discover Motiva $10k, Boa World Elite $10k, US Bank Visa $4.1k, GE Amazon $4k, GE Lowes $6k, BillMeLater $5.3k, Target $.2k, CapOne $2k Von Maur NPSL,
Epic Contributor

Maybe she is getting lucky and now that exec office is handling it and manual review is being done they will just do SP on other 2 but Cap1 has ALWAYS pulled all 3 and I have once gotten through with 1 frozen and they pulled 2 but otherwise they want all 3 and the computer kicks the app out if not.

Established Member

I did an app two months ago and got declined. I had my experian report frozen and they pulled EQ only. 

Does anyone know what's a good time to reapply again after a denial? 45 days, 2 months, 6 months?

Epic Contributor

If the issue was frozen reports... Unlock them all and reapply after 30 days.
Established Member

Will do and will report back on the results Smiley Happy

Community Leader
Senior Contributor

ElBerryKM13 wrote:

What was your reason for denial? Was it for the same reasons as OP?

+ Chase ink =

Epic Contributor

ElBerryKM13 wrote:

Any Update?

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.