cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stay far far away from Fuelman / Fleetcor / Comdata issued credit cards!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay far far away from Fuelman / Fleetcor / Comdata issued credit cards!!

I seen a few complaints on here about late fees, but I never got any.

I had this card about 3 months.

When I got my latest invoice, there was a fee of 29.95 tacked on.

So I called and asked about this fee. 

They flat out told me (and this was a higher up, not some newbie) "When fuel is below $3.25 a gallon, we have to charge this fee to maintain your account".

I did not agree to this fee. This fee is not mentioned anywhere online when applying, or was mentioned when I spent an hour setting this account up. 

Supposedly this fee is in the 98 page terms and conditions they send you, which frankly no one reads.

Needless to say I cancelled my account! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Stay far far away from Fuelman / Fleetcor / Comdata issued credit cards!!

I got one and never used it... they're useless Smiley Sad!
Message 2 of 7
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

They flat out told me (and this was a higher up, not some newbie) "When fuel is below $3.25 a gallon, we have to charge this fee to maintain your account".

I did not agree to this fee. This fee is not mentioned anywhere online when applying, or was mentioned when I spent an hour setting this account up. 

Supposedly this fee is in the 98 page terms and conditions they send you, which frankly no one reads.

which exact product did you have? what were your payment terms? Net 10 twice a month, or billed monthly? what was your spending limit? My company just got a commercial advantage fleet card issued through fuelman, and im hoping to not have the same issues - because it is nice having the option of 30-40 stations in my normal route vs 5-6 shell stations I pass on my way to the office if I have to resort to using the shell card.

Message 3 of 7
silver_idle
Established Contributor

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Honestly, I am not surprised by that. Was this a MC gas card or just a normal gas card restricted to specific gas stations? People really should read over T&C before agreeing to anything because stuff like this can happened. Always read the fine print my friend Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might have few complaints. Because everything has good and bad side. For me I don't have any card yet. I would like to try for one card. Lets see how it goes.

Message 5 of 7
aplast
Regular Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
I got one and never used it... they're useless Smiley Sad!

I am still trying to understand the negative comments people have been making. What was your experience Creditplz?

Message 6 of 7
aplast
Regular Contributor

@dariusc93 wrote:

@Cleaningitup2016 wrote:

Honestly, I am not surprised by that. Was this a MC gas card or just a normal gas card restricted to specific gas stations? People really should read over T&C before agreeing to anything because stuff like this can happened. Always read the fine print my friend Smiley Wink 

I have the commercial advantage card non MC version, it allows for gas and diesel. and 4 active cards used every other day on my account. we have a spending limit of 1800 and are billed twice a month at net 10 - to avoid a 2.00 per card monthly fee if we were on net 30 terms which they did offer. I wonder if the OP got charged the 29.95 because he or she wasn't using the card enough? We are spending 400ish a week in fuel and when the statement generated I paid it that day and it was credited the very next day. No fees. No BS. Makes me wonder if these individuals getting these business tradelines have legit real volume businesses. 

They also have tier 2 pricing which tacks on additional charges if the company or individuals credit drops more than 51 points in a rolling 3 month period. Or if you are late more than one time in a rolling 12 month period. What they consider high risk is below 660 for a personally gaurunteed account and below 520 for a commercial account. (this information was on the back of my invoice) Its pretty cut and dry. Their statements are easy to read, provide fuel economy based on the odometer reading input at the pump and give information on every purchase. 

The fuelman network is accepted at 30-40 different stations on my 25 mile commute to work, I can also make purchases at NTB for tires and maintenence if we so choose - as well as a handful of other shops near me. They even have an app that shows exactly what stations and the current prices. This has made our fleet fuel purchases and tracking so dang easy.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.