cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped in and applied for Sams Business MC NO PG!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Stopped in and applied for Sams Business MC NO PG!

After the crazy time about 2 months back of applying for Sams Club Business MC with my partner in store that was declined, then I called and got it into security and back to credit and blah blah, they approved just $2000 store card and the letter says my partner PG'd it but they pulled my credit, not his (membership is me primary and him addon, clearly girl in store messed it up as they usually do... not sure why they don't allow you to apply online yourself but the cashiers don't understand it)

Well someone had posted about applying in store and there is a button to click that they will not PG.

So stopped in today and said I wanted to apply and handed it to her with no pg.

she pulls it up on the screen and starts to fill it out and I hang myself over the counter so I can see the screen and im pointing out things that are pre-filled that are wrong and having her add in things like D&B and stuff that are options but not required and she wasn't filling them in.

Then I see the PG screen and a little button that says YES OR NO (business contact is or is not PG this application)

I said CLICK NO.

The screen then goes grey for that portion that she doesn't need it.

then she looks down on my paper app and says I need you to fill out the pg

I said no you don't.

she says if it's not pre-approved offer, we are required to take PG

I said no you are not, that is why there is that yes or no button.

she says it will not let me submit it without it.

I said yes it will.

she says okay, we can see... looks over everything to make sure it was complete (it was because i helped!)

and she hit submit (funny, it submitted with no errors for no pg)

went to review... she keeps clicking back and forth to refresh... I said it's going to need verification, as long as it's submitted we are good.

but she doesn't know what to put on this paper app since it's still pending.

Some other girl comes over and says you need to fill out PG section (NO, I do not and won't!)

she then says to the girl helping me, you have to call.

I said I would prefer you did not... I deal with Sync ALL the time and have a direct number into verification that I can call tomorrow... they ALWAYS need to verify my business and the number you guys call into messes it up!

They are looking confused and unsure.

I said it's fine, just close it out on your end and write processing or something!

they were still looking like, no I need to call.

I was like great, thanks... have a good one and left before more discussion could happen!

I got home and it turns out verification is open today, call in... she finds it... asks about previous application, then asks for a business number she can call... puts me on hold and calls... says did you apply, great... clicks back over to the other line and says let me process... APPROVED

but you have to talk to underwriting to decide on your credit limit... and they are closed... so she gave me a direct number to call tomorrow morning.

I hope it's as simple as debating how much I need and want!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stopped in and applied for Sams Business MC NO PG!

Wow!  Thank goodness you knew exactly what was required to process the whole app without PG!  Sad to say, but I'm sure if they would've intervened with calling or filled it out wrong, it would have been denied.  So, now I'm wondering for SYNCB overall exposure - is personal and business co-mingled?  I'm already over $100K on personal.

Message 2 of 19
SMB85
New Contributor

Any luck with the approval today? Thanks for the very thorough walk through BTW!

Message 3 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Should have known it wouldn't be that simple.

Call today and the guy says it's not approved it's still pending... After 3 different holds and about 25 minutes he says the application is approving for a store card, not a MasterCard but you already have one, so it's declining.

I said then I want to close the current one and open a new one because the previous one is PG'd and new one is not.

He has to transfer me to CSR to close account.

Then I have to call back to underwriting.

After what seems like 15 minutes of her typing and "searching" she says yes that was declined and you will receive a letter.

I said I need to reprocess that now that I closed my current store card

she says oh did you apply for a store card?

I said no, I applied for Mastercard yesterday.

She says you will have to go back and apply for just the store card.

I said no, just a minute ago the application was processed for MC and only store card was approved but I had to close my existing account first and now call you to process that application again.

She says she needs to put me on hold again.

No, I'm sorry we can't reprocess that application and you will need to go into the store and apply again.

BLEEP, that's 20 miles away!

Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

After another lengthy hold she comes back and says actually upon further review the application has been approved for $5k and you will receive a letter and a new card in the mail.

Funny as the PG card was only $1500 or $2k and now no PG $5k but upset it's not the mastercard... they are one tough cookie on this MC!

Message 5 of 19
SMB85
New Contributor

Whoa. So after all of that, approved $5K but *only* the store card version? Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Sounds like
Message 7 of 19
SMB85
New Contributor

What does your business file look like? Do you know if they pulled EX or DNB?

Message 8 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think sync pulls EQ on business stuff.
I have tons of other sync business cards with no pg's
Message 9 of 19
chbartel
Regular Contributor

You're not aware of any other mastercard or visa they underwrite without PG or personal credit pull?
I got 22k starting limit no personal pull on sam's. Got 40k at BJ's wholesale on business credit only.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.