Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for Chase Business Card App Recond

tag
gpfirestone
New Contributor

Suggestions for Chase Business Card App Recond

So, my credit history is free of any blemishes.  I have a mortgage, car payment, bunch of credit cards I use and all have been paid on time my entire life.  I also don't carry any balances, but on any given month my cards can close with balances of around $50k total due to business purchases so when I app for things, they ask why I have balances of 50k on my credit cards.

I recently picked up some new cards bc of bonuses at pt of sale with REI, Overstock, and Amazon.  I wanted to go and apply for the Chase Southwest personal and business bc when stacked, it is easy to reach 110k miles in a year and get the companion pass for free companion flights.

I applied for the personal and got immediate approval but when applying for business, I was denied and attempted to recon 3 times by calling their business credit analsysts and each gave me the same reason that I had opened too many cards recently and they wouldn't even allow me to open this new one if I agreed to reduce my credit on my Chase Ink Plus card which has 15k limit.

Is there a level above that I can call?  Will EO be able to push this through?  I don't understand why they would do this when I spend on every card I have and none of my cards sit idle after receiving a bonus.

:Capital One Spark Business $45k:::Chase Sapphire Preferred $30k:::Chase Amazon Visa $3k:::American Express BC $10k:::Chase Ink Plus $15k:::American Express Business Plum:::American Express Business Platinum::Citi Thank You Preferred $50k:::City Simplicity $10k:::REI Visa $10k::Capital One Quicksilver $15k:::American Express EveryDay $10k:::Wells Fargo Platinum Cash Back $10k:

FIA/BOA is the plague. AVOID THEM!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Chase Business Card App Recond

@gpfirestone wrote:

So, my credit history is free of any blemishes.  I have a mortgage, car payment, bunch of credit cards I use and all have been paid on time my entire life.  I also don't carry any balances, but on any given month my cards can close with balances of around $50k total due to business purchases so when I app for things, they ask why I have balances of 50k on my credit cards.

I recently picked up some new cards bc of bonuses at pt of sale with REI, Overstock, and Amazon.  I wanted to go and apply for the Chase Southwest personal and business bc when stacked, it is easy to reach 110k miles in a year and get the companion pass for free companion flights.

I applied for the personal and got immediate approval but when applying for business, I was denied and attempted to recon 3 times by calling their business credit analsysts and each gave me the same reason that I had opened too many cards recently and they wouldn't even allow me to open this new one if I agreed to reduce my credit on my Chase Ink Plus card which has 15k limit.

Is there a level above that I can call?  Will EO be able to push this through?  I don't understand why they would do this when I spend on every card I have and none of my cards sit idle after receiving a bonus.

The main reason for denial is that you opened too many new accounts / cards recently, so moving CLs around won't help.

Chase may be doing this for risk purposes, which I think has to do with making sure you're not churning cards.

You can call EO, but I doubt they will be able to help. The EO usually contacts the lending department and have the analysts review the case, so chances are you will end up with the same answer.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

You have hit the credit ceiling with Chase (the total limit of all your Chase cards adds up to your ceiling). Noting you say will solve this issue, but in the future with responsible use history they will consider increasing the ceiling. I highly suggest NOT CALLING the EO. Don't poke them. 

If you want the Southwest Business accept the offer and horse trade limit from the Ink to the Southwest card. Come on - it's free points. 

Message 3 of 4
Xer0_SiN
New Contributor

i think if you get the same reason more than twice, you should call it quits lol. today i ran into a similar problem as you lol. i got approved for the ink classic, but wanted the ink plus instead. was told i had to apply for it and i couldnt product change. i applied and called into business lending and the underwriter i talked to said he wouldnt even look into the file cause he saw i applied six time this month LOL.
NFCU Cash #1: 15000, NFCU Cash #2: 15000, USAA Plat: 10000, USAA AMEX: 10000, Local CU #1: 7500, Chase Hyatt: 5000, NASA FCU: 5000, SDFCU: 5000, FNBO: 5000, Militarystar: 4700, Chase Militarystar: 4700, Local CU #2: 3000, Chase Ink Classic: 3000 Zales: 2700 Discover IT: 1500, GE Amazon: 1400, GE Walmart: 1400, Target: 500, GE Dillards: 300
NFCU LOC: 15000, Local CU LOC: 3000
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.