Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This cat has some curiosity...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This cat has some curiosity...

Cat Surprised Why does amex keep sending my husband business credit offers in the mail? He doesn't have a business, and never has. Do they just send these things out to everyone and hope a certain percentage actually make it to a business owner? I would think their consumer picker would be able to target the right people...no offense amex

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This cat has some curiosity...

From what I've been reading, alot of consumer's actually get these "business" cards. Look over on the Credit Cards forum and you'll see what I mean.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Cat Surprised Why does amex keep sending my husband business credit offers in the mail? He doesn't have a business, and never has. Do they just send these things out to everyone and hope a certain percentage actually make it to a business owner? I would think their consumer picker would be able to target the right people...no offense amex

perhaps they send those offers if your geographical area has a high number of business owners or self-employment?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex simply wants to encourage people to start businesses. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Strictly marketing on the luck that it might reach business owner that either has an existing business or future owner 

Remember this for mass marketing they may have mailed each one for the price of a stamp and may have been offered even better pricing on say 100,000 mailers 

At that price if your marketing gets 100 new customers it might just pay for the mailings and anymore customers are a advertising bonus in new clientele 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketing imho

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.