Established Member
NewYorkGuy

Too soon for Chase Ink Cash CLI?

I was approved for a Chase Ink Cash Business card in December. My second statement cuts two days from today and I have paid the balance from the spending that I did (for the $200 cash back) to reflect a $0 balance on the upcoming statement. I have been using the card heavily (up to the limit) and have made several payments throughout the month. I plan to call in and ask for a CLI after the second statement cuts with the $0 balance.

What are my chances? I currently have a $7000 limit and I plan to ask for $20, 000. I hope they counter offer if they can't extend that. Would it be a soft or hard pull? I've heard stories of people getting soft CLIs on their Ink cards with Chase. However I know that it's always a hard for CLIs on their personal cards. If they do a hard, my credit profile is fine at the moment with an Experian Fico of  ~747 and only 1% utility. I do have a couple inquiries and new accounts showing from my app spree last year though. Most of those accounts will hit the 6 month mark in a few days so I plan to ask Chase for the CLI after that.

As an aside, they gave me a rare auto-CLI on my Freedom card at the 6th statement last week. Overall Chase has been good to me and I hope this amicable relationship continues. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor
scenery_guy

Re: Too soon for Chase Ink Cash CLI?

That's a solid plan, I say go for it. I got an increase on my Ink Cash card right around 30+ days (can't look it up now but it was over 30 but less than 60). I did very heavy spend for the first 30 days and had to pay down several times. I think you have a good chance, who knows with Chase if they will grant you your request or counter offer. Also I can't remember if my pull was a hard or soft. I do not recall seeing a hard show up but that's just speculation. Ask when you call if you don't want to burn a HP. 

Good luck!

Established Member
NewYorkGuy

Re: Too soon for Chase Ink Cash CLI?

scenery_guy wrote:

That's a solid plan, I say go for it. I got an increase on my Ink Cash card right around 30+ days (can't look it up now but it was over 30 but less than 60). I did very heavy spend for the first 30 days and had to pay down several times. I think you have a good chance, who knows with Chase if they will grant you your request or counter offer. Also I can't remember if my pull was a hard or soft. I do not recall seeing a hard show up but that's just speculation. Ask when you call if you don't want to burn a HP. 

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I have my EX frozen. I would rather avoid a hard inquiry. I will call in once the statement cuts and see if they can do the CLI with a soft. However, if it takes a hard to get it up to $20, 000 I might just bite.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+