Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too soon for Chase Ink? We'll see......

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Too soon for Chase Ink? We'll see......

Ok, I may be reckless but i said what da heck and apped for the Ink just moments ago and got.....

Thank you for applying. Your application requires further review before making a decision.

Here's what you can expect:

• Our goal is to notify you in writing within 10 days; however, in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days.
  • If you are approved, you will receive your card and other important information in the mail.
  • Please do not resubmit this application.

So i guess i'll call the backdoor for a Business recon tomorrow morning and go through their grilling and see what's what! I had in my mind that i wanted to wait about 2 years so things cool down and have some more account history but i went off the deep end and said what the heck? so i'll see what happens tomorrow and let you all know! Smiley Indifferent

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too soon for Chase Ink? We'll see......

Would strongly suggest you NOT call business recon for anything based on personal experience and other posts around here. If you must call Chase ask for the verification dept only and see if any further information is needed. Id let it ride for a few days first though, give them a chance to approve the app. Had the same message for Ink Cash, twice. GL
Message 2 of 21
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update ***

I called and talked with a very nice rep, she did grill me a little but i told her what she wanted to hear and was able to be friendly with her...... after a series of times she asked questions and placed me on hold a few times, she then came back and said she is recommending for approval but final decision has to be made by a Senior Analyst and i can either wait for a decision in the mail, or give them a call back in 3 to 5 days to see what's what.

I have read stories about this where the frontline analyst says they are putting in for approval and a Senior Analyst comes back and says denied...... so i have to brace myself for this and understand that these things happen, and that if denied i can always try again at a later time.

As always i'll let you all know what happens!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you over the 5/24 rule, I'm trying to get a little more clarity on this rule before I apply. My scores are 800+ and chase loves me but I have like 8-9 new accounts in the last 24 mos
Message 4 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you over the 5/24 rule, I'm trying to get a little more clarity on this rule before I apply. My scores are 800+ and chase loves me but I have like 8-9 new accounts in the last 24 mos

I have seen people reporting that business cards are not subject to the 5/24 rule. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 21
red259
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

*** Update ***

I called and talked with a very nice rep, she did grill me a little but i told her what she wanted to hear and was able to be friendly with her...... after a series of times she asked questions and placed me on hold a few times, she then came back and said she is recommending for approval but final decision has to be made by a Senior Analyst and i can either wait for a decision in the mail, or give them a call back in 3 to 5 days to see what's what.

I have read stories about this where the frontline analyst says they are putting in for approval and a Senior Analyst comes back and says denied...... so i have to brace myself for this and understand that these things happen, and that if denied i can always try again at a later time.

As always i'll let you all know what happens!

What is your credit history? How many cards have you gotten over the pasdt two years and when? If it were me I'd not call in about the ink. I made that mistake with the bold and went through a ton of questions. I ended up getting it, but not really interested in being cross examined again about wehat is in fact a legitimate business. . 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 6 of 21
linux007969
Established Contributor

*** Update ***

I called underwriting to check on the status of the app and a nice lady took a look, and said she needs to find more information that i may need to send them and she placed me on hold..... she came back and said i need to fax in proof of my company, like IRS SS-4 or articles of LLC so they can move on to process the application. She gave the fax number and then said after i fax those in, to check back in about a week to see if they recieved it.

As always i will keep you updated as to what happens next!

Message 7 of 21
audia4
Established Contributor

What is this 5/24 rule??

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@audia4 wrote:

What is this 5/24 rule??

For the Chase cards, (not the co-branded ones), it's a denial if more than 5 card accounts have been opened in the last 24 months.

Message 9 of 21
audia4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@audia4 wrote:

What is this 5/24 rule??

For the Chase cards, (not the co-branded ones), it's a denial if more than 5 card accounts have been opened in the last 24 months.

Thank you for the info. I appreciate it.

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.