Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Took Chase in-branch pre-approval, went to 2 weeks

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Took Chase in-branch pre-approval, went to 2 weeks

I am over 5/24. I asked the Chase banker to check my business checking account for pre-approvals and I had one for the Chase Ink Preferred, which I've wanted since it came out as I travel every week so the categories are much better for me than the Ink Plus that I currently have. When she ran the application, it came back, she said, as 7 days. When I called the automated status line it says "2 weeks".

How does this sound? It's a legitimate business with good income and great history and usage with the existing Ink Plus. Should I call?

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Took Chase in-branch pre-approval, went to 2 weeks

No experience on the business side (with cards) my first Chase app called...denied...my second Chase app, let the letter come kinda sorta did what it said...approved...

I have buisness banking with Chase too, I've been eyeing an Ink card, didn't know they could check on the business side for pre-approvals (which I would need since over 5/24), hopefully someone else can provide more insight, but let us know if you decide to call or wait it out!

Message 2 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

My application went to the 2 week automated line, I was told to call 1-800-243-6010, it was due to the "patriot act" they had to verify my business to D&B, Secretary of State business lookup, etc.. came out with a 17k approval though!
Message 3 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Wow so I decided to call as I have nothing to hide. I was transferred to lending. Was on the phone for 31 mins. After answering all kinds of questions about the business, income, profit etc etc at the very end she said it's been submitted for a final approval and I'll hear in a couple of weeks! What a pain in the ass - it was a pre-approval in the branch.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 4 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Well after all that I just logged in to my account and I see the new card is listed with a $22k line. Sweet! This is the card I've been waiting for since it was announced, it's the perfect fit for my business.

Message 5 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Lucky you.... do you have any other Chase Business products? LOC? Checking? CC?... I'd like an INK card but haven't got any mailers for it yet..
Message 6 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I have 2 Chase business checking accounts for 2 separate businesses. One Ink Preferred card and a recently closed Ink Cash both on the same business. This card was also for that same business.

Message 7 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I might have to go in branch and ask for offers, how exactly do I do this? Do I ask any representative??
Message 8 of 13
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Yes. I needed to downgrade 2 checking accounts and 1 savings account anyway after receiving bonuses. So I did that, and while I was there I gave her my business debit card and asked her to check for any pre-approvals. I had one for the Ink Cash (which I'd just closed about a week ago) and the Ink Preferred.

Message 9 of 13
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Hmmmm I'll try that one of these days!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.