Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Took Chase in-branch pre-approval, went to 2 weeks

I am over 5/24. I asked the Chase banker to check my business checking account for pre-approvals and I had one for the Chase Ink Preferred, which I've wanted since it came out as I travel every week so the categories are much better for me than the Ink Plus that I currently have. When she ran the application, it came back, she said, as 7 days. When I called the automated status line it says "2 weeks".

How does this sound? It's a legitimate business with good income and great history and usage with the existing Ink Plus. Should I call?

Quicksilver 51k | Lowe's $35k | Prestige $33.5k | Discover It $32.5k | SPG Business $30k | Hyatt $28k | SPG $25k | Ink Plus $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Aviator Silver $20k | SWACU $15k | PRG | Amex Platinum | Amex Platinum Business | J Crew $16k | Spark $16k | AAdvantage Business $13k | Freedom $11.5k | SPG Business $10k | Amazon Store $5k
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Took Chase in-branch pre-approval, went to 2 weeks

No experience on the business side (with cards) my first Chase app called...denied...my second Chase app, let the letter come kinda sorta did what it said...approved...

I have buisness banking with Chase too, I've been eyeing an Ink card, didn't know they could check on the business side for pre-approvals (which I would need since over 5/24), hopefully someone else can provide more insight, but let us know if you decide to call or wait it out!

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

My application went to the 2 week automated line, I was told to call 1-800-243-6010, it was due to the "patriot act" they had to verify my business to D&B, Secretary of State business lookup, etc.. came out with a 17k approval though!
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow so I decided to call as I have nothing to hide. I was transferred to lending. Was on the phone for 31 mins. After answering all kinds of questions about the business, income, profit etc etc at the very end she said it's been submitted for a final approval and I'll hear in a couple of weeks! What a pain in the ass - it was a pre-approval in the branch.

Quicksilver 51k | Lowe's $35k | Prestige $33.5k | Discover It $32.5k | SPG Business $30k | Hyatt $28k | SPG $25k | Ink Plus $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Aviator Silver $20k | SWACU $15k | PRG | Amex Platinum | Amex Platinum Business | J Crew $16k | Spark $16k | AAdvantage Business $13k | Freedom $11.5k | SPG Business $10k | Amazon Store $5k
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Well after all that I just logged in to my account and I see the new card is listed with a $22k line. Sweet! This is the card I've been waiting for since it was announced, it's the perfect fit for my business.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Lucky you.... do you have any other Chase Business products? LOC? Checking? CC?... I'd like an INK card but haven't got any mailers for it yet..
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I have 2 Chase business checking accounts for 2 separate businesses. One Ink Preferred card and a recently closed Ink Cash both on the same business. This card was also for that same business.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

I might have to go in branch and ask for offers, how exactly do I do this? Do I ask any representative??
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I needed to downgrade 2 checking accounts and 1 savings account anyway after receiving bonuses. So I did that, and while I was there I gave her my business debit card and asked her to check for any pre-approvals. I had one for the Ink Cash (which I'd just closed about a week ago) and the Ink Preferred.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmmm I'll try that one of these days!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.