Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Credit Lines From Sole Prop. to LLC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transferring Credit Lines From Sole Prop. to LLC

Does anyone have any experience here? Currently running my business as a sole proprietorship (1.5 years since inception). Not quite ready to pull the trigger on forming an LLC, but I'd like to start building some credit history - Is there any sort of standard practice for transferring the credit lines to a new entity, or am I looking at starting over from scratch (In which case I might as well push ahead and deal with it sooner rather than later)? 

Also, in the case of Chase, does the 5/24 rule apply for a corp? I mean, I may be the owner of the company, but the card would be associated with an EIN, not my SSN.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transferring Credit Lines From Sole Prop. to LLC

In most cases you will have to give your social even though you apply for credit as an LLC. Most business cards wont report to your personal credit but they still pull it. Also a single member llc is still considered a sole-proprietorship . I know its that way in NC. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.