cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion deleted my business credit cards from my report!

tag
lumierephoto
Established Member

Transunion deleted my business credit cards from my report!

For some reason, Transunion decided to delete my Capital One business credit cards from my report after I disputed the balance on my accounts. I have 3. 

Does anyone know why this would be? Are the rules different for Transunion? I would think they would have to be the same for all credit bureaus.

Experian and Equifax are both reporting the accounts, although Equifax is wrongly reporting two of the accounts as Installment Accounts.

The major problem I have with this is that it drops my credit score on Transunion to 696, whereas my credit score on Equifax and Experian is above 750. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion deleted my business credit cards from my report!

If you disputed info as being inaccurate and Cap1 either didn't respond to the dispute or didn't correct or verify the info, then TU will remove the account(s) from your report. Although I can only assume that if they are active accounts, then next time Cap1 reports to the bureaus the accounts will be added back (perhaps even sooner).

Message 2 of 4
lumierephoto
Established Member

Yes, but I think it's quite odd as Experian and Equifax both updated my credit reports accordingly, but Transunion didn't.

And yes, they are active accounts.

I appreciate your input, I will contact Transunion tomorrow and find out what is going on.

Message 3 of 4
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@lumierephoto wrote:

For some reason, Transunion decided to delete my Capital One business credit cards from my report after I disputed the balance on my accounts. I have 3. 

Does anyone know why this would be? Are the rules different for Transunion? I would think they would have to be the same for all credit bureaus.

Experian and Equifax are both reporting the accounts, although Equifax is wrongly reporting two of the accounts as Installment Accounts.

The major problem I have with this is that it drops my credit score on Transunion to 696, whereas my credit score on Equifax and Experian is above 750. 

I've seen accounts drop off temporarily from a credit report. I've also seen lenders not post to all three bureaus every single month. 

It's frustrating sometimes, but most of what the FCRA does is limit the dergatory or negative entries on the reports, not whether the positive information is reported in a timely manner.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.