Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Business Edge Cash Rewards

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

U.S. Bank Business Edge Cash Rewards

Any recent approval data with this card - what FICO did you have if you were approved, and which CR did they pull ? My business was "pre-selected" but I'm sure that pretty much means nothing.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Business Edge Cash Rewards

They pulled my personal EX; don't know what business CR they pull.

Message 2 of 8
linux007969
Established Contributor

I was actually looking at that card yesterday and actually was going to complete the app, but i decided to cancel out cuz i want to garden my new simplycash card and then i may try again later..... I also heard that US Bank cards check other not so well known credit reports from "ARS" and have denied some people for something on there so i perfer to wait and garden a bit so my reports can recover from things, like showing more payment history on my car loan, and balances decreasing on my credit cards before i go for it. I know i would need something else becides AMEX for a business credit card as there are a few places that don't take AMEX or for in the rare moment where the AMEX gets suspended for a fraud alert or something.... its always good to have a backup that i would at least charge a few times a year to keep active, and when and if my business really takes off i will have credit to put go really good use. Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 3 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

I also heard that US Bank cards check other not so well known credit reports from "ARS" and have denied some people for something on there so i perfer to wait and garden a bit so my reports can recover from things

Correct. US Bank also pull ARS and IDA reports. What's different about these reports compared to EQ/EX/TU/IN is that they only record how many times you submitted application for Visa/MC. INQs on these two reports stay on your reports much longer before they fall off.

Believe it or not many major creditor pull these reports. I actually made two posts detailing about them and how to put freeze on them.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Fun-Fact-More-lenders-pull-IDA-than-you-think/m-p/31196...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Fun-Fact-Part-2-A-lot-more-lenders-pull-ARS-than-you-th...

Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but it's not that old Smiley Tongue.  

How is US Bank with Business approvals?  Are they difficult like Chase can be or relatively easy or does it just depend on your existing relationship?  Any instant approvals for their business cards?  I only have personal checking with them and a Cash+ opened in May 2014 plus Kroger opened in August 2014. 

Message 5 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

When I applied for the Edge Select card it was all online, no questions or anything.  Approval was for $10k, 734 EX FICO.  Caveat - US Bank is my business bank and has my checking account there.  

Message 6 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@sccredit wrote:

When I applied for the Edge Select card it was all online, no questions or anything.  Approval was for $10k, 734 EX FICO.  Caveat - US Bank is my business bank and has my checking account there.  

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.  Do you just have the one personal and one PLOC with them?

Message 7 of 8
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for.  Do you just have the one personal and one PLOC with them?

I have the Personal Platinum Visa with an $8,600 CL.  The $1,500 PLOC (basically OD Protection) and the Edge Select Biz card at $10k.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.