Reply
Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

US Airways business card

Anyone have the US Air business version? I applied on impulse last night even though I think Barclays has no love for me. My personal US Air card has super low limit and has not seen an auto  CLI in 9 months. I'm just going for the bonus 25K miles after first spend but I do have some purchases I could make in the near future for the business so I will be showing a good amount of use - if I get approved soon and get the card in my hand by end of year. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,097
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Airways business card


scenery_guy wrote:

Anyone have the US Air business version? I applied on impulse last night even though I think Barclays has no love for me. My personal US Air card has super low limit and has not seen an auto  CLI in 9 months. I'm just going for the bonus 25K miles after first spend but I do have some purchases I could make in the near future for the business so I will be showing a good amount of use - if I get approved soon and get the card in my hand by end of year. 


My partner has it... Call backdoor tomorrow morning as I believe Barclay does quick final review on business apps... When he applied and called in next day they just verified him and it seemed approved already waiting that info.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: US Airways business card

Cool thank for the info. I love a nice analyst call. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,097
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Airways business card


scenery_guy wrote:

Cool thank for the info. I love a nice analyst call. 


Update?

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: US Airways business card

By the time I found a moment to call to check in the analysts for this business card were gone for the day. They are open 9-5 today (12/31) so I will try early this afternoon. If not I will wait until 1/2/14. I'm not expecting much based on the lack of love from Barclays but this time I can argue my case based on my business gross sales and amount of spend I make per year on business cards. 

 

Seems like a lot of effort for 25K points. I'm guessing it's my last opportunity to try to get the card and bank the points before the merger. 

Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: US Airways business card

Tried calling 866-383-0367 which is the business card services number I was given yesterday. No help as I was not in the system. They could do nothing but they gave me a number to the application department 800-308-6008. It was automated and I was only allowed to pick the option of application status. I entered my SSN and zip and it came back as no status in the system. Automated system told me to wait 7-10 days from application date and try back or to wait 30 days for info in the mail. No option to speak with a human at all. 

 

That's why I can't get happy about Barclays. Amex gets it. So does Chase. Even Citi to an extent but their web site drives me nuts not being able to see all my cards with one log in (3 cards and 3 different log in IDs). I'll just be happy if I can get the card and make one purchase for the 25K points then file the card away forever and let them close due to inactivity. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,097
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: US Airways business card

Try just regular back door Barlcay number and they can transfer you to business back door
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: US Airways business card

Got the denial letter yesterday, sort of figured out this would happen based on how Barclays shows me no love. It was a TU pull and my score at the time was 775. The reasons for denial were high number of credit cards with balances, not enough accounts reporting on your credit report, and insufficient length of credit history. 

 

I'll try to recon on Monday if I can get a moment. The reasons are bogus as I don't allow more than $100 to ever report on a card, I have 23 accounts in good standing on my report, and my oldest card still on my report is from 8/2002. 

 

I pulled a free TU report and it's 27 pages. All good, no mistakes and no baddies. 

 

At some point it's not worth my time for 25K miles. I'm amazed that Barclays does not want to issue a card to someone with scores that hover around 775 that pays in full all the time and has documentation of business spend of around $500K a year. At least I know Barclays is not an option for me in the future. 

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,659
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: US Airways business card


scenery_guy wrote:

Got the denial letter yesterday, sort of figured out this would happen based on how Barclays shows me no love. It was a TU pull and my score at the time was 775. The reasons for denial were high number of credit cards with balances, not enough accounts reporting on your credit report, and insufficient length of credit history. 

 

I'll try to recon on Monday if I can get a moment. The reasons are bogus as I don't allow more than $100 to ever report on a card, I have 23 accounts in good standing on my report, and my oldest card still on my report is from 8/2002. 

 

I pulled a free TU report and it's 27 pages. All good, no mistakes and no baddies. 

 

At some point it's not worth my time for 25K miles. I'm amazed that Barclays does not want to issue a card to someone with scores that hover around 775 that pays in full all the time and has documentation of business spend of around $500K a year. At least I know Barclays is not an option for me in the future. 


Sorry to hear

I just knew you were in out of curiosity how many Barclay cards do you have and is it possible you hit their internal threshold?

Although I would hope they keep business and personal cards separated.

Good luck on recon and I'll cross my fingers for you 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13


Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: US Airways business card


myjourney wrote:

scenery_guy wrote:

Got the denial letter yesterday, sort of figured out this would happen based on how Barclays shows me no love. It was a TU pull and my score at the time was 775. The reasons for denial were high number of credit cards with balances, not enough accounts reporting on your credit report, and insufficient length of credit history. 

 

I'll try to recon on Monday if I can get a moment. The reasons are bogus as I don't allow more than $100 to ever report on a card, I have 23 accounts in good standing on my report, and my oldest card still on my report is from 8/2002. 

 

I pulled a free TU report and it's 27 pages. All good, no mistakes and no baddies. 

 

At some point it's not worth my time for 25K miles. I'm amazed that Barclays does not want to issue a card to someone with scores that hover around 775 that pays in full all the time and has documentation of business spend of around $500K a year. At least I know Barclays is not an option for me in the future. 


Sorry to hear

I just knew you were in out of curiosity how many Barclay cards do you have and is it possible you hit their internal threshold?

Although I would hope they keep business and personal cards separated.

Good luck on recon and I'll cross my fingers for you 


No chance to call today. I will be swamped for next few days on job site so I will try Thursday or Friday. 

 

Not a chance I hit an internal limit. I have one card, the personal US Airways card with a whopping limit of $2K. My next lowest limit is $8,600 on my CSP and I know I could have requested a CLI but really have no need. I  tried for a CLI when I got the US AIr card and all I got was push back from recon. Somehow I jus don't fit in their system of internal scoring I guess. Not getting the card is going to make Chase and AMEX happy as there's nothing diverting my business spend away from their cards. 


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}