US Airways business card

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: US Airways business card

@scenery_guy wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Got the denial letter yesterday, sort of figured out this would happen based on how Barclays shows me no love. It was a TU pull and my score at the time was 775. The reasons for denial were high number of credit cards with balances, not enough accounts reporting on your credit report, and insufficient length of credit history. 

I'll try to recon on Monday if I can get a moment. The reasons are bogus as I don't allow more than $100 to ever report on a card, I have 23 accounts in good standing on my report, and my oldest card still on my report is from 8/2002. 

I pulled a free TU report and it's 27 pages. All good, no mistakes and no baddies. 

At some point it's not worth my time for 25K miles. I'm amazed that Barclays does not want to issue a card to someone with scores that hover around 775 that pays in full all the time and has documentation of business spend of around $500K a year. At least I know Barclays is not an option for me in the future. 

Sorry to hear

I just knew you were in out of curiosity how many Barclay cards do you have and is it possible you hit their internal threshold?

Although I would hope they keep business and personal cards separated.

Good luck on recon and I'll cross my fingers for you 

No chance to call today. I will be swamped for next few days on job site so I will try Thursday or Friday. 

Not a chance I hit an internal limit. I have one card, the personal US Airways card with a whopping limit of $2K. My next lowest limit is $8,600 on my CSP and I know I could have requested a CLI but really have no need. I  tried for a CLI when I got the US AIr card and all I got was push back from recon. Somehow I jus don't fit in their system of internal scoring I guess. Not getting the card is going to make Chase and AMEX happy as there's nothing diverting my business spend away from their cards. 

Trust me I understand Lol

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 22
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear.... it will always be a mystery how some lenders are far off from the others. For you it seams Barclays and for me it is Discover. Good luck on recon ..hope you will be more successful than me with Discover and CLI...Hope we hear some good news Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 22
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Sorry to hear.... it will always be a mystery how some lenders are far off from the others. For you it seams Barclays and for me it is Discover. Good luck on recon ..hope you will be more successful than me with Discover and CLI...Hope we hear some good news Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you! 

I am not going to recon call. That will be a first for me as I always recon and get the card. Now I don't need more credit nor do I want to spend time on the phone with some analyst who won't give me the card for any reason. I will call tomorrow and close my personal card. I will tell them why if they ask - purely the decline for the business card. They won't offer anything to keep me as my spend is very low anyhow. Good riddance. 

Message 13 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

I've run into the same issues with Barclays too.  I doubt they'd ever approve me for another card.  The last one, I think they just approved it out of courtesy after about two weeks of deliberation.

My business partner was just flat out declined based on having applied for a Barclay card in the past which had gone unused.

Message 14 of 22
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

I've been eyeballing this card too mostly for the checked baggage benefit they finally introduced. However it sounds like it's worth waiting till the US Airways/American Airlines merger finishes next year and just going for the Citi AA  business card instead...

Message 15 of 22
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Well.... I went for it. Have some trips coming up and wanted the benefit. Researched the citi aadvantage cards and they don't get the free baggage yet.

Have to recon with Barclay tomorrow morning. They seem to hate me.
Message 16 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:
Well.... I went for it. Have some trips coming up and wanted the benefit. Researched the citi aadvantage cards and they don't get the free baggage yet.

Have to recon with Barclay tomorrow morning. They seem to hate me.

primary card holder gets free bag on Citi Business AA and if all tickets were purchased at same time as primary and traveling together than everyone that has a card on the account would get free bag.

Message 17 of 22
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Message 18 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

It only seems to do that on US Airways flights if you have at least Elite Gold status

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/eliteStatus/elite-benefits-chart.jsp

Also seems to be in the fine print here: http://www.aa.com/pubcontent/en_US/disclaimers/BP-PLATHV.jsp and here https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/additional-info/template.do?ID=AdditionalInfo-PlatSelectAAWorldMC

oh sorry on usair free bags with citi... yeah you are right.... i was thinking something else in my head for some reason!

Message 19 of 22
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

Thanks for the thought! I guess if the recon fails, I'll just suck it up and pay baggage and go for the Citi AA business card next year.

Here's the chart marking it a little more clearly

https://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/citi-merger.jsp

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.