Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Business Edge Select Approved

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

US Bank Business Edge Select Approved

So some of you may remembered couple weeks ago I made a thread saying that 2014 is my year and that I won't be looking for new TL for the rest of 2014. Well I ended up applying another CC, US Bank Business Edge Select. I did it because Chase decided to take its sweet time to ship my Ink Visa replacement card (MC converted to Visa), leaving me with no active business CC on hand for close to 3 weeks. Had I not call Chase and tell them to rush the card, they were planning to ship it sometime before June.

Card in question: https://www.usbank.com/small-business/credit-cards/business-edge-select-rewards.html

Long story short, instantly approved for $12K. This is shocking because:

---> Highest CL I have to date, my second highest is Freedom at $7.9K

---> Instantly approved, no wait message or the need to recon.

---> My Chase Ink required me to recon twice, for a CL of $3K

This makes me wonder if US Bank is a competent competitor against AMEX and Chase for Business CC.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: US Bank Business Edge Select Approved

Congrats on the new card 

Wow 3 weeks for a replacement card is unreal 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats on the new card 

Wow 3 weeks for a replacement card is unreal 

Tell me about it. I'm still waiting on them to ship my debit card replacement.

Message 3 of 9
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Card in question: https://www.usbank.com/small-business/credit-cards/business-edge-select-rewards.html

Long story short, instantly approved for $12K. This is shocking because:

---> Highest CL I have to date, my second highest is Freedom at $7.9K

---> Instantly approved, no wait message or the need to recon.

---> My Chase Ink required me to recon twice, for a CL of $3K

This makes me wonder if US Bank is a competent competitor against AMEX and Chase for Business CC.

This makes me wonder if I should try to apply for their business card, since I have AmEx and Chase Biz cards for my sole-proprietor business, but had to form a second LLC business, so really should start building the LLC's credit rating.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 4 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

This makes me wonder if I should try to apply for their business card, since I have AmEx and Chase Biz cards for my sole-proprietor business, but had to form a second LLC business, so really should start building the LLC's credit rating.

They have wide range of business CCs. I picked Select because it has a sign up bonus and covers more categories for bonus rewards. I applied as sole proprietor so I can't tell if the same approval experiences applies to LLC.

They even have a charge card for small business. Very subpar reward, but no AF: https://www.usbank.com/small-business/charge-cards/business-edge-charge-card.html

Message 5 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your US Bank BES card Smiley Happy

Ridiculous that Chase did that, pretty poor showing.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Thanks for the info. Did not know they had this card.
Message 7 of 9
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

They have wide range of business CCs. I picked Select because it has a sign up bonus and covers more categories for bonus rewards. I applied as sole proprietor so I can't tell if the same approval experiences applies to LLC.

They even have a charge card for small business. Very subpar reward, but no AF: https://www.usbank.com/small-business/charge-cards/business-edge-charge-card.html

I looked at that charge card - very subpar rewards. I've seen a few CU Business cards, but the rewards never looked great.

The BES looks like a great card; Congrats!

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 8 of 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

UPDATE

Haven't got the card yet, but it already showed up under my online account. Kudos to US Bank for adding it in automatically.

Now here comes the bad news, after looking into reward center each point is worth less than 1 cent.

* It takes 12,500 points to redeem a $100 store/VISA gift card

* It takes 14,926 points to redeem a $100 statement credit.

So each point values from 0.67 cent to 0.8 cent. Couple that with 3X bonus points on selected categories, you are looking at 2.01% to 2.4% return.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.