Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Bank Denial & $12k Cash Edge Card Received Same Day

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

US Bank Denial & $12k Cash Edge Card Received Same Day

I'll start by saying I wasn't going to apply, but when I spoke with a banking CSR she said that the business cards couldn't be applied for anymore, and so when I saw the cards online and able to be applied for online, I figured I should jump before the cards were gone.

I applied for the US Bank Cash + and the US Bank Business Cash Edge card. No instant approvals; the screen showed that I'd receive a notice in 7 to 10 days.

A few days later I saw the business credit card show up in my personal banking profile. 

I received a thin denial letter, stating numerous inquiries on Experian and DNB. (well...  maybe.) I did snarf up the AT&T card before it went away.  and the Sams Biz MC. And a pair of Capital One Spark cards. And a BoA inquiry, and a Chase inquiry. (ended up applying for the Ink Cash card a second time, getting denied again, and then pleading my case for a downgrade)

In the other, much thicker, envelope from Fargo ND was my new US Bank Case Edge card. My first World Elite MC. The rewards aren't quite as good as the Chase Ink, but it's a MC which may come in handy.  Since Chase has me capped at $6.5k, the $12k from US Bank will let me make the large business purchases that come up from time to time, and unlike the Capital One Spark cards, the US Bank card shouldn't show up on the personal credit report.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.