Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US bank business credit card and hPing

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

US bank business credit card and hPing

I went to US bank to apply for a business credit card.  Was told that a HP is necessary to open a business card but the new tradeline will not report to "any" of the bureau.  

I am told that a HP is necessary to guarantee timely payment on the new account but yet no reporting will be made to my personal credit history.  

I'm curious why they need to HP a personal credit report but won't report tradeline activities to the bureaus?

I can afford a HP but would hate to lose average years of credit history with a new credit account.  Does anyone have experience in this area?  

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: US bank business credit card and hPing

That is how small business cards that are based on your personal credit work. That's normal. It is a personally guaranteed card. They pull your personal credit for the application. The card will not report to your personal reports unless it becomes derogatory (you don't pay). The gist of it is that it is like a personal card that does not report so you can keep your business expenses separate from your personal expenses.

Message 2 of 6
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

How long will it take before the newly created business account can stand on its own without my personal guarantee?

This is a non profit business which I may not be a part of in a couple years. Don't want personal credit attached forever.

Message 3 of 6
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Then you need to look for true corporate cards. Most banks small business cards are really personal cards that do not report.

If you don't want a personal guarantee card, what you are looking for are cards that are based on a business credit report. The only one I can think of is the AMEX corporate cards.  There may be a couple others but I don't know of any.

https://business.americanexpress.com/us/corporate-card-programs?inav=menu_cards_cs_cardprograms 

There is a business credit forum here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/bd-p/businesscredit

Message 4 of 6
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Thank you ManyQs. 

Just found out the bank approved me for a business credit card but with PG.   Oh well..

I will need to start building business credit.  Just activated my DnB# and maybe use EIN more to credit business credit. 

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Very few banks offer Major credit cards without PG these days because of what happened in the credit crash.... Bj's is the latest and best option for no PG card.

but the major banks (amex, Chase, USbank, etc. are going to require PG for a card unless it's corporate like other poster stated.

congrats on new card though, what limit?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.