Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USBank Business Edge

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

USBank Business Edge

I have a "pre-selected" offer for the US Bank Business Edge card, offering 3% cash back on cellular, gas and office supply store net purchases, 1% on all other net purchases, and a 25% annual bonus (up to $250). 

Between the Amex Simply Cash and Chase Ink, I earn 5% on those categories normally. I was thinking of going for the "Select" and choosing the transportation expenses (tolls, parking, etc.)

There are only three possible benefits I see to this offer: 

1. It gets my "foot in the door" as a first card with US Bank. This card has no annual fee. I could either add a second card, or ask to PC this one to the one I wanted.
  2. This offer includes a 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles.
  3. After spending $500, I would earn a $100 bonus.

Should I go for it? 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: USBank Business Edge

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

I have a "pre-selected" offer for the US Bank Business Edge card, offering 3% cash back on cellular, gas and office supply store net purchases, 1% on all other net purchases, and a 25% annual bonus (up to $250). 

Between the Amex Simply Cash and Chase Ink, I earn 5% on those categories normally. I was thinking of going for the "Select" and choosing the transportation expenses (tolls, parking, etc.)

There are only three possible benefits I see to this offer: 

1. It gets my "foot in the door" as a first card with US Bank. This card has no annual fee. I could either add a second card, or ask to PC this one to the one I wanted.
  2. This offer includes a 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 billing cycles.
  3. After spending $500, I would earn a $100 bonus.

Should I go for it? 

Just to let you know I got one of those in the mail a month ago, applied, and was declined. And my credit score had gone up, not down. So I'm not sure how meaningful they are.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Just to let you know I got one of those in the mail a month ago, applied, and was declined. And my credit score had gone up, not down. So I'm not sure how meaningful they are.

Which personal CR did they review?  (TU, EX, EQ, ARS/IDA, etc.)

My TU is the best of the bunch. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Which personal CR did they review?  (TU, EX, EQ, ARS/IDA, etc.)

My TU is the best of the bunch. 

They used EX. In my experience US Bank always uses EX.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.