Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Verify Business Telephone Number

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Unable to Verify Business Telephone Number

I applied for an Amazon.com Corporate Account.  It was declined saying "unable to verify business phone number".  I called and gave them my business phone number and toll-free number.  After putting me on hold a few times, they told me my business phone number could not be verified.  What does this mean exactly?  How do I get my business phone number to show as verified?  The phone call ended with them telling me to re-apply online then call them back.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Unable to Verify Business Telephone Number

@kimmiller112 wrote:

I applied for an Amazon.com Corporate Account.  It was declined saying "unable to verify business phone number".  I called and gave them my business phone number and toll-free number.  After putting me on hold a few times, they told me my business phone number could not be verified.  What does this mean exactly?  How do I get my business phone number to show as verified?  The phone call ended with them telling me to re-apply online then call them back.

Well as long as you were applying for this card without you PG'ing the app I would go ahead and apply again and call back... maybe that's how they can take control of the app from the computer system but in the past I never had any trouble getting human on phone to over ride the computer system and manual do stuff with little trouble... so who knows...

Message 2 of 5
hawaii12
New Contributor

ok question.  What is a PG?

Message 3 of 5
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@hawaii12 wrote:

ok question.  What is a PG?

PG - personal guarantor.  That means that you will be filing in your personal information as well as the business information and agree to back it up and be responsibiliby on a personal level if the balance cannot be paid through the business.  Some credit cards do not need the personal guarantor, but they usually have restrictions, like having to be in business for so many years or having a certain amount of annual revenue.  A lot of business cards require the personal guarantor.  Read through the stickies - they really have a lot of information about this subject, as well as other business credit information.

I am going to re-apply for this card tomorrw and follow it up with an immediate phone call.  Will post results since my phone calls to them didn't get anywhere today.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 4 of 5
Project17
New Contributor

Not trying to bring back old threads but that is a common issue with GE which underwrites Amazon. I'm not sure how they verify but its either calling 411 or googling the number. This is why it's so important to have a actual landline phone because it gets listed by the phone company automatically in 411 and will begin showing up online at different websites also. But you still want to go and register your business with the search engine sites like google, bing and so on.. It's free to do if you do it your self no need to pay a company. There are some sites with direct links to a good chunk of the sites you want to register with. Long story short you need to look and act like a real business (which hopefully you are) in order to have a easier time obtaining credit.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.