Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected AMEX SPG Biz CLI

tag
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Unexpected AMEX SPG Biz CLI

I've never had luck with the whole 3x CLI thing from AMEX--all of my past requests have been denied, though I haven't had much issue opening new lines of credit with AMEX.  Strange.  

Anyway, I was not too happy when my SPG Biz was approved at only a $3k limit.  I've had it less than a month and my balance was already over half the limit.  I know AMEX is fine with going over limits if needed, but it still gives me the heebie jeebies to see that much utilization.  I clicked the 'increase your limit' button on the account home page on AMEX's site not thinking anything would happen and surprised it was there at all considering how new the account is.  I didn't ask for 3x--only asked for $8,000.  Shocked to be approved instantly, and a weight off my shoulders as I won't have to worry about coming close to maxing the card out repeatedly while I hit the lofty minimum spend.

Woohoo!

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unexpected AMEX SPG Biz CLI

Congrats. 

And hello to a fellow Dawg... 

Message 2 of 4
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  And hello back at you, fellow Dawg!

It was nice to get some good news on the SPG Biz AMEX after the awful display we put up against Auburn!

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found AMEX to be very generous with business credit limits.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.