Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Approved for Chase Ink Plus and Chase United Explorer

tag
Aarvard
Established Contributor

[Update] Approved for Chase Ink Plus and Chase United Explorer

To conclude my 2015 fiscal year I decided to pull the trigger on these two cards. I applied for Ink + first, and United Explorer two hours later, and both ended up with "call us as soon as possible" message. I also received 30 day e-mail for both. Got 1 HP on EQ and 1 on EX for both apps. My EX 08 was 750, and EQ 08 ~740-750.
Seeing how conventional wisdom on myFICO forum indicates that calling leads to grilling and denial, I'm going to leave my apps alone and wait for Chase's response.

And why Chase always double pulls me Smiley Sad. Same thing went for CSP at the beginning of this year, even though my score wasn't even borderline Smiley Frustrated

[Update 1]: When I called the automated line, it gave me the 14 day message for both apps. This is a good sign, right?
[Update 2]: Today I called in the fraud department at 877-470-9042 for the Ink Plus app. The rep verified my identity and then I was approved for $21,500. I did the same thing for my United app, but this time the other rep wanted to transfer me to lending department, which made me promptly ask to call back later. Guess that I have to let this app sit in the system for another week.

[Update 3] I called the automated line today and received the approval message for the United card for $21,500. Christmas gifts from Chase I guess Smiley LOL

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pending Chase Ink Plus and Chase United Explorer

I wouldn't call, funny that they double pull you. I thinking about apping , but for two hard pull no thank .. Maybe you have a internal score that might be borderline.. I'm at 765 on Experian with 45k credit line on my personal... They have always single pull me on my personal.
Message 2 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

It's possible the two pulls are because of the two different applications. I've never had two pulls from Chase, so I'm just guessing. The questions they ask are mostly the same on the application, so not sure what the point in filling out the application even is. I've had three business cards with them and only on one did they just verify address and approve after.

The bigger issue is two business cards at once. They are usually more strict in business lending and definitely will wonder why you need both cards. It's quite possible one will get approved and another declined due to two applications. If business revenue/profit is high, you shouldn't have an issue.  Good luck though. The waiting for me is killer and I always ring.

Message 3 of 9
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

It's possible the two pulls are because of the two different applications. I've never had two pulls from Chase, so I'm just guessing. The questions they ask are mostly the same on the application, so not sure what the point in filling out the application even is. I've had three business cards with them and only on one did they just verify address and approve after.

The bigger issue is two business cards at once. They are usually more strict in business lending and definitely will wonder why you need both cards. It's quite possible one will get approved and another declined due to two applications. If business revenue/profit is high, you shouldn't have an issue.  Good luck though. The waiting for me is killer and I always ring.

I checked my report right after the Ink + app. Chase pulled both for Ink and none for United. 

Message 4 of 9
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't call, funny that they double pull you. I thinking about apping , but for two hard pull no thank .. Maybe you have a internal score that might be borderline.. I'm at 765 on Experian with 45k credit line on my personal... They have always single pull me on my personal.

I'm in California, and even Citi double pulled me on EX and EQ. Nobody wants TU, except for Barclays I guess.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase also double pulls me, EQ and EX.

Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 they burned me twice 

Ink =EX EQ

2 cards same day cost me 3 pulls

CSP= EX EQ 

Hyatt= TU

I guess it was better than 2 doubles WTH Chase Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here.

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 9
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With my two approvals, the double pull is worth it, isn't it Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.