cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary closed my Amex Biz Plat, paid annual fee, want to re-open, will explain in thread

tag
slayerbizkit
Established Member

Voluntary closed my Amex Biz Plat, paid annual fee, want to re-open, will explain in thread

I already own a personal amex platinum card so I closed the business platinum card as it is an extra card I will most likely not use. I cancelled @ exactly the 31 day mark(miscalculation on my part)  so I missed the grace period for the annual fee credit. Since the fee is paid already, I figured it would be no big deal to simply re-instate the card since the fee is already paid and I have other cards with Amex with 0 issues. 

I owed a balance (ironically the annual fee) and was told over the phone that I need to pay it before reinstatement could be considered. I paid the fee and waited for their reply. I got a denial letter in the mail, listing a host of random reasons, none of them outstanding balances, lates, charge-offs or what have you.

Since I have other Amex products that were approved after the business plat closure (my Amex green card and Hilton card for example), I'm not sure what to think. Maybe it's my FICO score(letter states it's 698 as of Marcg, at the time of writing this, it's 710). 

Sorry if I'm rambling but I played by their rules, meet their demands, all my balances with Amex are $0. My only cc outside of Amex(a citicard) is at 30% utilization, all my other CC's are at $0, and fortunately I have no debt (no house, no auto loan, nada, just my citi card, which I could pay off tomorrow if I wanted to). Amex is usually reasonable. I straight feel like I got jacked for $450,Amex is playing dumb, and regular customer service says I should re-apply for the card (which I'm afraid to do since the last thing I want is an HP and another frivilous denial). 

Like I said earlier, regular customer service has been of no help. I'm not sure who to speak to at this point. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voluntary closed my Amex Biz Plat, paid annual fee, want to re-open, will explain in thread

What is it that you want? You agreed to not have your annual fee refunded after 30 days in the Cardmember Agreement when you first opened the account.
Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Voluntary closed my Amex Biz Plat, paid annual fee, want to re-open, will explain in thread

@slayerbizkit wrote:

@I already own a personal amex platinum card so I closed the business platinum card as it is an extra card I will most likely not use. I cancelled @ exactly the 31 day mark(miscalculation on my part)  so I missed the grace period for the annual fee credit. Since the fee is paid already, I figured it would be no big deal to simply re-instate the card since the fee is already paid and I have other cards with Amex with 0 issues. 

I owed a balance (ironically the annual fee) and was told over the phone that I need to pay it before reinstatement could be considered. I paid the fee and waited for their reply. I got a denial letter in the mail, listing a host of random reasons, none of them outstanding balances, lates, charge-offs or what have you.

Since I have other Amex products that were approved after the business plat closure (my Amex green card and Hilton card for example), I'm not sure what to think. Maybe it's my FICO score(letter states it's 698 as of Marcg, at the time of writing this, it's 710). 

Sorry if I'm rambling but I played by their rules, meet their demands, all my balances with Amex are $0. My only cc outside of Amex(a citicard) is at 30% utilization, all my other CC's are at $0, and fortunately I have no debt (no house, no auto loan, nada, just my citi card, which I could pay off tomorrow if I wanted to). Amex is usually reasonable. I straight feel like I got jacked for $450,Amex is playing dumb, and regular customer service says I should re-apply for the card (which I'm afraid to do since the last thing I want is an HP and another frivilous denial). 

Like I said earlier, regular customer service has been of no help. I'm not sure who to speak to at this point. 

I would say forget it, and put the $450 a year back in your pocket.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.