Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to go! Chase for the win!

tag
theeurotuner
Valued Member

Way to go! Chase for the win!

I've had the ink cash for a while (2 years) and started with a 5k limit. They slowly increased limits without requesting (25k now).

Yesterday I decided to product change the card to the ink plus since all of my business cards (Bofa cash rewards, discover, amex etc..) are cash rewards and I liked the 1:1 transfer and travel benefits of the plus.

Called in and requested the product change. The rep told me that she must disclose that the terms will change. (I thought only the worst) Let me hear it I said. She say's the APR will change from 13.24 (Prime +9.99) to 8.24 (Prime + 4.99)! WOW!

GO CHASE!

I didn't know they offered such low rates, especially since they advertise 15.24 on the website! So I asked for a CLI, she asked how much I needed. I asked for 30 and kaboom! No problem (Should have asked for more)

A lot of love from chase! Thank you!

Point of story is call and see if a product change will reduce APR if you revolve a balance consistantly.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Way to go! Chase for the win!

Congrats and that's a great rate ...wow

I have to ask tho why didn't you app the Plus and get the bonus then roll the cash card limit over into the Plus?

Just curious..

Thanks 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice.. Congrats!!

Message 3 of 6
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I don't know. It was more of a spur of the moment thing. Worked out better anyways Smiley Happy. I'd rather have an 8.24 APR over a signup bonus anyday of the week!

Thanks for the kind words.

Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice!

Message 5 of 6
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Congrats.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.