Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird experience with WEX Fleet Card...

tag
miltolam
Valued Member

Weird experience with WEX Fleet Card...

Happy Holidays everyone. A couple weeks ago I apped for a WEX Fleet card. Initially I was declined because of insufficient credit history with my business but I resubmitted my application with a PG. A few days later I called their customer service to follow up and I was then informed that I was approved. 

I requested that my cards be expedited to me and I received them the very next day. I went online to try to register for online access and I got the prompt that the account # was invalid so I called CS again. The CSR told me that "The cards are not yet active and the account is currently being reviewed by the underwriting dept." My exact response was "Huh, I'm confused...Why would they send me the cards before that process has been completed???" The rep couldn't give me an explanation, she told me that I would have to wait until someone contact me or I receive something in the mail.

I'm completely baffled, has anyone experienced this before??? Thanks in advance.

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Weird experience with WEX Fleet Card...

They are a TERRIBLE COMPANY... Run away why you can.... They don't know which direction the sky is... CSR are TERRIBLE... Payments are TERRIBLE... They are TERRIBLE!

Message 2 of 6
miltolam
Valued Member

So the reason why this was happening was because they decided to audit my company even though my CFO was the garuantor and I was initially approved. I end up having to fax in a copy of his license on Christmas Eve. Not sure what's the status now but it kind of left a bad impression. How do you send someone 4 cards and they are not yet fully approved. Kind of ass backwards if you ask me. I'll give an update as I get new info.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They handle fleet card too... Go search past threads... I'm not the only that had billing issues that took more time out of my life then worth any credit card let alone a gas card!
Message 4 of 6
miltolam
Valued Member

That's what I app'd for...Fleet card.

Message 5 of 6
Ron1
Super Contributor

I agree with CA. I was approved for $1500. I got CLD to $750 before I got my card.

Ron.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.