Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What address to use on application?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What address to use on application?

Hi,

Year ago I opened a company using UPS box address. I wanted to avoid my home address. My company is online business. Based on building credit guide I published my company on yellow books, yelp.. and tried to get DUNS number. I also was needed card proccessing service so I went with chase, where I had business checking account on order to get approved they asked to verify business place and not allowed to use UPS store address. Long story short they declined my application, so I went with paypal in few hours I had everything working. Later I got a place to share with another business. I have my company name on lease and phone, internet provider.

Few days ago I got a call from DnB, they tried to sell credit builder service. I asked them to send all info to my email and also got my DUNS number. I will call to duns to get my access to my file. I know that you cannot do often changes on account.

Now I start reading forum again for instructions and got question: what address to use on applications when apply for credit? It have to match address on DnB profile, right? UPS store, home address or shared place for business. I prefer to use UPS store. But want to be prepared for questions.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What address to use on application?

I'd use the shared business address. The home address isn't a biggie since most creditors will ask for a PG anyway and would have your home address via your CRs. But one day you might want employees and wouldn't want to tell them where you live. I helped a friend do the same as you did. I charge him $50/mo rent to house his mail in my office and to use the office address as his official address.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it mean I have to change address on DnB profile and yellow pages before apply?

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

No. IME the only time DnB used the number on my report is when they used it to call us to sell their reports. Yellow pages doesn't aid in credit and i wouldn't worry about that. I tell them to delist us but they won't.

Message 4 of 6
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Definitely use the shared office address.  As you apply for more business credit, most will not accept a PO Box or UPS box or whatever other options are out there.  They want the physical address.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 6
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

+1

Just make sure that the address you do use will give you your mailings....

Good luck with everything!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.