Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a hidden trade line?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

What is a hidden trade line?

In another section, Imperfecture mentioned that my Amex Business Platinum account, which doesn't report on my personal credit reports, is a "hidden trade line"?

What is a "hidden trade line"? Is it a credit line that doesn't report to the personal credit reporting agencies?

Questions:

1. Is it really a trade line if you have to repay it right away? I.e., no extension of credit, such as a charge card or a net 30 days account?

2. Would you have any suggestions for other hidden trade lines I might want to get for my business?

3. How does one access this information about one's business credit profile? I don't even know if my business has one, but I assume it does.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is a hidden trade line?

Correct.  Cards that do not report your credit profiles are hidden tradelines.  But keep in mind, once you default it is reported on your personal credit report.  The business cards however report to the business credit files not on your personal.  Like the former, if you default it will report on your personal credit file. Others that report for business credit reports and not your personal are  Citi business cards, Chase business cards, U.S Bank business cards, BOA  business cards, etc..

My Chase, Citi, U.S Bank, Amex and Bjs business credit cards are all hidden and don't report.

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct.  Cards that do not report your credit profiles are hidden tradelines.  But keep in mind, once you default it is reported on your personal credit report.  The business cards however report to the business credit files not on your personal.  Like the former, if you default it will report on your personal credit file. Others that report for business credit reports and not your personal are  Citi business cards, Chase business cards, U.S Bank business cards, BOA  business cards, etc..

My Chase, Citi, U.S Bank, Amex and Bjs business credit cards are all hidden and don't report.

Thanks.

How does one find out one's business's credit score?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks.

How does one find out one's business's credit score?

A business score can be obtained from Experian business services  and Equifax business services.  Some other people use Duns and Bradstreet.  But bear in mind the banks mentioned above will pull your personal credit report for the business credit cards as it has to be guaranteed thus, should something happen you are held accountable.

With the exception of the BJs card which didn't require a credit report to be pulled nor guaranteed, all the cards approval will be based on your personal credit file. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.