Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best balance transfer business credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best balance transfer business credit card

I have been eyeballing 2 cards, US bank Business Edge Platinum and Amex Blue Business plus for the balance transfer options

Problem is I'm afraid my balance on my Amex simply cash is going to hurt my chances of getting a high enough balance for what I need.

The dream for me is a $15k starting limit so I can transfer $10k onto the new card 

My current cc debt is:

Amex Simply Cash $5500 Bal   $7000 limit

Amex BCE $4500 Bal   $13500 limit

CO Sony card $750 Bal   $2600 limit

Barclay Cash Forward $1400 Bal   $5000 limit

I have a bunch of other cards but they are all $0 balance.

Total credit lines equal $55,000 on personal so my total util is 12% but that of course ignores the 7k business credit card with amex and $5500 balance there as well

The reason I want a BT is because my 0% intro rates are ending in September and October for Amex. I would like 12 months to pay them off so that I don't make my immediate cash tight.

Some ideas from me are take my liquid money and get every account below 10% util then write the Balance transfer check to me and pay everything off and put the remainder back into my checking account. This is a risky move as far as cash flow goes especially if I get denied for both cards or get a really small starting limit. 

Other Idea get the simply cash below 30% which is usually how I operate anyway but I had some unexpected business costs (one of the reasons I'm adverse to risking my liquid cash right now) and just pray I get a good starting limit when i apply

My Ficos are EXP: 730 TU: 743 EQX: who knows because nobody gives a free report of it.

I need to make this happen in the beginning of September, at least that's the dream, It's likely my scores will all be above the 740 fico threshold that is usually considered "excellent" for most lenders.

All help and other ideas are appreciated maximum liquid cash I can put towards this mess is 7k as of today.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is the best balance transfer business credit card

Id go US Bank

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are US banks usual starting limits?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm missing something here but why not get a Business Line of Credit? It's not 0% APR but around 6%. With any credit card you'll get a 3% fee due up front.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand your logic, if I somehow pay it off early there is potential for paying less then even 3 %, however I would be intereseted in another useable rewarding tradeline for the future. 

I will say however if it comes down to it I will be open to putting a large portion into a business line of credit if my dream plan falls apart. heck I'm not agaisnt putting it on my personal credit if i have to, the very last thing Im doing is paying 18%-20% a month for this money

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.