Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best bank to have a business relationship with

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best bank to have a business relationship with

I have been using BB&T for my business and personal needs for almost 20 years.  

Recently they decided they were gonna start charging me service fees for my accounts.  I called and was told I no longer met the requirements to have the fees waived.

Things is, my situation hasn't changed.  The bank just changed their polices on what qualifies for a no fee account.  

Now, I know I can't change what the bank decides is acceptable or not.  But it really aggravates me that they have started doing this.  Now the fees are not large.  Around 12 for the business account and 5 for the personal account.  

But for me that is not the point.  I am doing the same things I've done for over 20 years.  Why can't I be grandfathered in or something.  

BB&T has been good to me over the years with several business loans, a mortgage, etc.  But these fees really bug me. And they have gotten harder to work with when you need something credit related.  ( quick loan, loc, cc, etc. )   Seriously thinking about switching banks.  

Ha s anyone out there have any suggestions on a business friendly bank that doesn't charge fees.  Or are easy to meet ways to have the fees waived.  

I do have the need to have a relationship with them as well because I buy properties as a side business and need access to funds from time to time.  So really want a bank that is business friendly.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's the best bank to have a business relationship with

A credit union.  

Banks are for-profit, and will always try to find new ways to charge you for things.  A large credit union will offer you everything a bank can, and almost always at a better rate, because they're a membership based organization, not a for-profit business.

There is no reason for them to charge you fees for the privilege of giving them a loan  -- that is what most deposit accounts are, a loan to the bank, and they want to charge you money for giving it to them.  

Message 2 of 4
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Is there a local bank in your town maybe one to four branches that you could try? I also agree the credit Union would love to have two accounts like that with such a history join them. Either way you should be better off. 

I am with PNC and have enjoyed them, but I'm moving that account to NFCU once the account is all the way up and running and the dust settles. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 3 of 4
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

OP, I feel your pain!

Check with a local credit union, like the poster above suggested. I use Soutern California Edison Federal Credit Union. SCE FCU. 

You can also check with an online credit union such as Navy Federal.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.