Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to ask for Chase INk CLI ???

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

When to ask for Chase INk CLI ???

Hey everyone,

I just got approved for 5,000 chase ink cash back card. I was wondering when should I ask for a CLI...I will proabably charge the entire 5,000 every month and PIF and the end of each statement...company is new so glad was approved for 5K, but currently run about 20K a month...so just wondering after how many month of using the card and PIF should I wait, and then ask for a CLI ??

Also what has anyone's experience been with CLI on a chase ink...in otherwords from 5K what would they increase it to on the first request??? Also I was thinking of opening a company savings account with chase and putting 10K IN it and then request a CLI on the card like after 6 months of use....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: When to ask for Chase INk CLI ???

@youngman1234 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I just got approved for 5,000 chase ink cash back card. I was wondering when should I ask for a CLI...I will proabably charge the entire 5,000 every month and PIF and the end of each statement...company is new so glad was approved for 5K, but currently run about 20K a month...so just wondering after how many month of using the card and PIF should I wait, and then ask for a CLI ??

Also what has anyone's experience been with CLI on a chase ink...in otherwords from 5K what would they increase it to on the first request??? Also I was thinking of opening a company savings account with chase and putting 10K IN it and then request a CLI on the card like after 6 months of use....

I would wait 6 months in between increases with Chase.  I think if they are seeing $5k+ on your card I wouldn't be scared to ask for $20k, all they can do is counter!

Message 2 of 9
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I asked for the increase...

Went from 5k to 12k on my ink cash...and
Got approved for the ink bold for 15k...
Message 3 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Cool! Congratulations.

Looks like Chase is becoming a bit easier to deal with on business cards. I received a CLI as well after asking for it in person at a branch. I didn't wait the 6 months that everyone recommended, I think I was less that 30 days from receiving the card. 

I am going to have to ask about a Ink Bold next time I stop in the branch as I am wearing out my AMEX. 

Message 4 of 9
youngman1234
Established Contributor

What did they give you ?? Im thinking of asking for another CLi between the bold and cash I'm maxed out already....I spent upto the limit on both cards... I will pay both off in full in a few days, but as business is increasing now I need more spending power.
Message 5 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Sorry I have been a bit busy and out of town on a project. I asked for $10K and that's what they granted me. My banker at Chase felt that I needed to ask for more and would have received it but hindsight is always 20:20. I have maxed it out and PIF last 2 months and will be requesting another increase in a couple of weeks once this project pays off and my Chase account has another huge balance. 

It's worth noting that they do not really allow or make paying off before end of cycle easy. I would have cycled more spend on this card but I had to wait for things to post (forever on Chase.com). My banker says they are trying to make it easy like AMEX - and let's hope they do as the points are racking up quicker with AMEX and would love to get more from Chase.

Hope it worked out wekk for you. 

Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

Sorry I have been a bit busy and out of town on a project. I asked for $10K and that's what they granted me. My banker at Chase felt that I needed to ask for more and would have received it but hindsight is always 20:20. I have maxed it out and PIF last 2 months and will be requesting another increase in a couple of weeks once this project pays off and my Chase account has another huge balance. 

It's worth noting that they do not really allow or make paying off before end of cycle easy. I would have cycled more spend on this card but I had to wait for things to post (forever on Chase.com). My banker says they are trying to make it easy like AMEX - and let's hope they do as the points are racking up quicker with AMEX and would love to get more from Chase.

Hope it worked out wekk for you. 

I understand if you are using the 0% but I seem to see so many posts related to Chase ink and getting CLI, and they do seem to allow them frequent (not any paticular time if you seem to show the money and the charging... but if you just need spending power outside the 0% why wouldn't you open the BOLD??
Also why wouldn't you ask for more? If they are manually reviewing, ask for 20, they will counter back!! are they hitting HP PG each time or??

Message 7 of 9
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Hey guys,

As I said earlier I got a bold approved for 15k right, well I had maxed out 2 twice in the first 45 days. 2 weeks ago I called in and they raised my bold to 35k !!!! That helped me alot. As for the ink cash I asked for an increase in that as well for 12k to 20k and they declined me, but I'm happy with the bold as I PIF every month... Also as for the points I Love it so far got over 170,000 points !!!!
Message 8 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I'm not using the 0% I am PIF monthly or when I reach limit more frequently. I would like to request the BOLD but I am going to hold off a couple more cycles with a lot of cash in business checking. I am new to Chase as far as business services go but the branch manager is keen to keep me around and my banking rep calls me a couple times a month to check in on me. I want to build a local relationship and allow them to analyze my spending and offer products that fit. They can see all of my payments to AMEX from my business account and even an idiot could see my AMEX to Chase CC spend is 4:1. 

Also I don't need more pulls on my personal (I am a sole proprietor not a corp.) until the older ones drop from my reports. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.