cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which business credit card's limit goes up the fastest?

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Which business credit card's limit goes up the fastest?

There have been a number of recent threads about Spark giving small SL's and CL's.  

I originally suggested AMEX but I echo Irish's suggestion to talk to OP's banker as another option. 

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We never had any problem with low cl and increase with Spark. We have two employee card with low limit we keep it low and our card that has a 13K limit. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

We never had any problem with low cl and increase with Spark. We have two employee card with low limit we keep it low and our card that has a 13K limit. 

Its good to hear that works well for you but that is considerably different than a $100K credit limit like what the OP wants.  There are lots of posts here about people having a hard time getting increases for the Spark card.  It just doesn't seem to be the kind of business card that will ever give someone that high of a knit.  Also I'm not sure that I would want it even if it did because it reports to your personal credit which could severely impact your utilization if you did need to carry a balance.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I read on myFico forums that Amex Plum card may not be a good idea because I have to wait until statement posts to be able to pay it down.   I need my limit to go up very quickly, within the matter of a few months, but as I said I have the cash flow and can pay down the balances even daily and just keep requesting/getting limit increases.   Which cards work best for this?  Is the Spark Cash 2% any good?

Actually, I thought that Plum card might be a good fit for you.  I wasn't aware that you can't pay it down until the statement posts, that does not make sense to me.

Hi, Here is the thread I was referring to:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Considering-the-Plum-Card-Be-Warned/td-p/1310205

As that post is over 5 years old I would call and talk to an Amex Open rep and see if that is still the case with the card.  I think overall you can do better than 1.5% with a combination of cards.  Also, you really haven't provided much detail about your credit other than 'low 700s'.  As a business card is going to be based on your personal credit, more info like credit age, existing limits, etc  which all are going to have a huge impact on getting the type of limit that you are seeking, would be helpful.

Message 14 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

You can pay Amex Plum once charges have posted.

I would consider a Charge like Plum or Gold or Platinum and the Simply Cash Plus because they assign credit limit but will let you charge above it like a charge card and PIF anything above that limit... That way you are working on 2 cards with Amex to get your internal limits on the charge card side up and the credit line side at the same time.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm really interested in the Amex Plum card then.

- From what I understand, the Plum card won't report to either personal or business CRAs?  (or under what circumstances does it report to personal or credit?)

- From what I understand, SimplyCash will not report to personal, but WILL report to business CRAs?

- In regards to " That way you are working on 2 cards with Amex to get your internal limits on the charge card side up and the credit line side at the same time."  - are you trying to imply that by having an Amex charge card in addition to a credit card, it will give me some sort of advantage on the credit card side of things?  For instance, if I can get my charge card limit up really high, the credit card limit is likely to follow it as well?

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'm really interested in the Amex Plum card then.

- From what I understand, the Plum card won't report to either personal or business CRAs?  (or under what circumstances does it report to personal or credit?)

- From what I understand, SimplyCash will not report to personal, but WILL report to business CRAs?

- In regards to " That way you are working on 2 cards with Amex to get your internal limits on the charge card side up and the credit line side at the same time."  - are you trying to imply that by having an Amex charge card in addition to a credit card, it will give me some sort of advantage on the credit card side of things?  For instance, if I can get my charge card limit up really high, the credit card limit is likely to follow it as well?

I'm pretty sure that the Plum doesreport to business CRAs.  Any business card that does not report to personal credit (vast majority of them) will do if you start being late, default, etc.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.