cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which issuers report a business card on your personal credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which issuers report a business card on your personal credit report?

Just saw this article over at DoC.  Struck me as a sound helpful overview as well as a nice summary of which issuers will report a business card on your personal credit report -- and which will not:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/which-business-credit-cards-report/

I was pleased to see that my new Chase Ink Plus will not appear on my personal credit report.  For one thing, it makes it that much simpler for me to have a CC utilization of 1%.  All of the spending that is going on my Ink Plus doesn't appear on my personal credit report.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Which issuers report a business card on your personal credit report?

Capital One is about the only right now.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know if high utilization (on a biz card) hurts your biz credit "score"?

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As a matter of fact no it does not 

Business credit wants to see you max out a LOC

This is a feature of business credit that actually can help you obtain and get higher limit cards, loans etc .....showing high UTL 

Now the flip side of that (showing high UTL) is not carrying it at the end of the month but paying it by the due date to not pay interest 

Another point just for references 10 HP's on a business credit file would carry no weight  vs 10 HP's on personal would effect scores drastically 

Read that one time figured it was a good time to pass on 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is a feature of business credit that actually can help you obtain and get higher limit cards, loans etc .....showing high UTL 

Now the flip side of that (showing high UTL) is not carrying it at the end of the month but paying it by the due date to not pay interest 

Another point just for references 10 HP's on a business credit file would carry no weight  vs 10 HP's on personal would effect scores drastically 

I supposed this is why I can't get CLIs to save my life. I PIF all my business accounts so my util is less than 3% all the time. I'll have to change that LOL

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 5 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I supposed this is why I can't get CLIs to save my life. I PIF all my business accounts so my util is less than 3% all the time. I'll have to change that LOL

I never ever pay my business cards before the due date no matter what amount is used that month 

In some cases I've been 90-98% UTL why worry about UTL when it's not a factor 

When it comes to business cards USE the free monthly loans......as long as you know the money is in the bank of course Lol

Disclaimer for those that later read this thread....Do not do this with Cap1 cards as they report on your personal CR's (friendly reminder)

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like the deal with CLIs is a win no matter what your situation is.  If your business credit limit is small enough that you can run up a very high utilization and still be paying in full each month (i.e. three weeks after the statement date) then the high util will help you get CLIs and your CL will just keep getting bigger.

If, on the other hand, your credit limit is obscenely large compared to what you realistically spend (always bearing in mind that one should always be trying to limit one's spending so that the money can be turned into SAVINGS) then your CL is already so big you don't need any more CLIs.

I am in the latter camp.  My first business card was a Chase Ink Plus which I was granted four weeks ago.  My jaw hit the floor when they gave me a CL of 35k!  Even on a high spend month I will still be < 10% util for that card alone.  So I will never need a bigger CL.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple=Only the ones that you pg with your SS# on the application.

Message 8 of 10
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Barclays is not reporting to my personal.  I have the Hawaiian Air Business card for my Corp.  

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Simple=Only the ones that you pg with your SS# on the application.

Incorrect. Amex, Citi, BOA, and many others do not report to personal credit files even when PG'd using ones social security number.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.