Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will I get hit with a penalty APR?

tag
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

Will I get hit with a penalty APR?

I've had a Chase INK Cash card for about a year now and I just happen to miss my payment by 1 day. It should have been enrolled in automatic payment like my Chase freedom card which is managed by the same login info and now I'm worried I'm going to get hit with a Penalty whats the normal practice is this something that happens after only 1 day late? I've been good with the card since I got it other then this.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Will I get hit with a penalty APR?

You might but I would get on the phone and try for some goodwill. Chase has good customer service and you might be able to get this forgiven especially if you set up the auto payment. 

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

my advice would be to call chase and explain the mixup and ask if you should expect any adverse action...  In my opinion, the risk of adverse action is low, but you'll want to call and verify that all is well, and that they won't be rate jacking you

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

I don't think they rate jack me but my promo rate of 0% just happend to end this billing period its now 10.24% but they did charge me the $39 now I dunno if I want to call and ask them to take it off or leave it alone.

Message 4 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Are you a good customer? Do you spend a decent amount every month on the card? I would call and ask, worst they say in no. A better plan of action (if you banked with them) is to go to the branch. They have leeway at the branch and can forgive the late charge for you as a goodwill gesture. 

Or just keep your head down and move on. It's a deductible fee anyhow. That does not fix it but at least you ca write it off. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.