cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck on the Chase Ink waiting game....

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Wish me luck on the Chase Ink waiting game....

After months of getting the 60,000 point no AF the first year Ink + card I finally apped today.....I should not have BUT the Ink Cash I already have (about a year or so old) is STILL only 3K - not bad but more would be nice...anyway apped using the link in the letter and strangely did not get approved instantly (SARCASM) BUT did not say to call in, just said we need more time, will send letter in 30 days.....checked the auto phone app and it says you will hear from us in two weeks....the wait is on. I do like that they did not ask me to call in.....

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wish me luck on the Chase Ink waiting game....

@odd_dog wrote:

After months of getting the 60,000 point no AF the first year Ink + card I finally apped today.....I should not have BUT the Ink Cash I already have (about a year or so old) is STILL only 3K - not bad but more would be nice...anyway apped using the link in the letter and strangely did not get approved instantly (SARCASM) BUT did not say to call in, just said we need more time, will send letter in 30 days.....checked the auto phone app and it says you will hear from us in two weeks....the wait is on. I do like that they did not ask me to call in.....

Good luck.  I'm sure it will turn into an approval.  Just have to wait it out

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some have been two weeks or so. I applied Sat 3/20 and was approved Mon 3/22. Good luck! (I don't think my AF is waived. Smiley Sad I forgot to go looking for that deal when I finally applied. ) 

Message 3 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some have been two weeks or so. I applied Sat 3/20 and was approved Mon 3/22. Good luck! (I don't think my AF is waived. Smiley Sad I forgot to go looking for that deal when I finally applied. ) 

Oh sorry about the AF had I known I would have given you one of the 4 on my desk, seems like every 2 weeks I get one......It got to the point I applied just to stop the mailings...LOL   I was kinda shocked with no call in now message....and equally shocked that I am WELL over the 5/24 rule, about maybe 5 times Smiley Happy, and did NOT get an instant denial....time will tell on this one. I will just periodically check the Ink Cash log in and see if the Plus magically shows up....LOL

Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Finally took the bait I see 

Good luck I'm pulling for you 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thank You MJ yup finally caved, I really do not find much business use for our Amex Gold....not sure why, we use Ink and Citi TY Business the most so AMEX will cease to exist in a few months, SO figured apply for Plus, if I get it it will replace the Amex and MAYBE the mailers will stop once I apply. Really was expecting a deny outright but really surprised no call needed yet....we shall see.....LOL

Message 6 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Thank You MJ yup finally caved, I really do not find much business use for our Amex Gold....not sure why, we use Ink and Citi TY Business the most so AMEX will cease to exist in a few months, SO figured apply for Plus, if I get it it will replace the Amex and MAYBE the mailers will stop once I apply. Really was expecting a deny outright but really surprised no call needed yet....we shall see.....LOL

Keep the faith and let us know the outcome 

I'll be the one pacing back and forth ...Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Keep the faith and let us know the outcome 

I'll be the one pacing back and forth ...Lol

Have a drink and RELAX!!!  LOL  I am strangely not worried about it - if it happens it happens, what I would like to see from this is a larger SL than our current 3K on our Ink cash....that amount is too low, even for my small business....my clients have ridiculously expensive tastes....LOL

Message 8 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

UPDATE....."dreaded 7-10 day message" this morning when I called automated line.....BOOOOOOOOO     LOL

Message 9 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Not a denial, but time to call recon maybe?
Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.