Not applicable

capital one spark miles

what are the redemptions for this card? I'd like 1cpp if possible

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one spark miles

The Capital One Spark Miles (blue) allows you to redeem for a few options, but the only one that redeems at full value appears to be to redeem for a travel expense, e.g. an airline charge, where 1 mile = 1 cent. If you redeem for cash it takes 2 miles to receive 1 cent cash.

It's also possible to redeem for gift cards at the equivalent for 1 mile = 1 cent. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of giftcards are redeemable for 1cpp? Thanks
Message 3 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One Spark Miles currently shows most cards starting at 2,500 miles for $25 cards. Too many to type quickly.

Since I often see gift cards sold at a discount, I most likely would choose Walmart. (never a bonus category on any other card)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One Spark Miles currently shows most cards starting at 2,500 miles for $25 cards. Too many to type quickly.

Since I often see gift cards sold at a discount, I most likely would choose Walmart. (never a bonus category on any other card)

Oooo. I do a lot of shopping at walmart. Smiley Happy what's the discount like for redeeming for walmart gift cards?

Message 5 of 7
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oooo. I do a lot of shopping at walmart. Smiley Happy what's the discount like for redeeming for walmart gift cards?

2500 miles = $25 gift card for most, including Walmart. 

If you like Wawa, Capital One offers Wawa cards also, which is odd to see.

I will use the UPromise card online through the portal, earning 5% + 5%, but not everything is available via their website.

I probably wouldn't redeem for Target or Lowes cards, for example, because the respoective store cards offer 5% discounts.

I buy BP, ExxonMobill, or other gasoline cards when I catch them via Ebay for $93 or less for a $100 card. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.