Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase CLI reallocation

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

chase CLI reallocation

Hello all, question, does anyone have experience with moving limits from a personal Chase CC to a Chase Business card?  I have such a low limit on my Ink cash, wanted to move some CL over from my BA visa.....is that doable? thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
sultan33g
Contributor

Re: chase CLI reallocation

@odd_dog wrote:

Hello all, question, does anyone have experience with moving limits from a personal Chase CC to a Chase Business card?  I have such a low limit on my Ink cash, wanted to move some CL over from my BA visa.....is that doable? thanks in advance.

I have received a secure message in the past that this is not possible.

Sorry

01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 2 of 12
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info Sultan, saving me the embarrassment and shame!!  LOL  have a great day!

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

I have to disagree with the other poster.  You can move limits from a personal chase card to the business card.  But you CANNOT move limit from a business card to a personal card.  You should be fine moving the limit.

Message 4 of 12
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Hi YES!!!  well a fifty fifty here.....Can I ask do I call the business CSR or the Personal CSR? I am ditching my Personal BA visa (10K CL) and would love to have that added to my 3K limit on Ink.....Does it even matter which "division" I call (personal or business)?  THANKS!

Message 5 of 12
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

BTW wish me luck I am asking Chase to honor the new $300.00 sign up bonus (mine was $200 last month) I already made the 200 bonus....sent a SM asking, so will report back either way!!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

Hi YES!!!  well a fifty fifty here.....Can I ask do I call the business CSR or the Personal CSR? I am ditching my Personal BA visa (10K CL) and would love to have that added to my 3K limit on Ink.....Does it even matter which "division" I call (personal or business)?  THANKS!

It doesn't matter as any of them can do it.  But call the business line and have them move the limits.  How long have you had the BA card and when was the last time you used it?

If you have not used it for a month, then the entire limit can be moved if not, you will have to live $500 on it before closing it.  Also, for the bonus send them a secure message.  Will keep fingers crossed for you.  Keep us posted on results.

Message 7 of 12
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

It doesn't matter as any of them can do it.  But call the business line and have them move the limits.  How long have you had the BA card and when was the last time you used it?

If you have not used it for a month, then the entire limit can be moved if not, you will have to live $500 on it before closing it.  Also, for the bonus send them a secure message.  Will keep fingers crossed for you.  Keep us posted on results.

Oh you ARE GOOD Yes, thanks, the non use thing I knew about when I was closing (moving CL on my second Freedom card) a personal card a year ago, I asked about the $500 and they said "just in case you have rewards that would hit after you closed, you don't want to forfeit them"  That is why I LOVE Chase..... I have had the BA card only about 5 months, but will not move yet....I think it is too early, ALTHOUGH was thinking of just moving over 3K of the 10 - just so I have breathing room with Ink....and then cancel the card when the AF hits (and move the rest over then)....I did indeed send a SM about the bonus....will keep you all in the loop on that!

edit for horrible spelling!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@odd_dog wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Oh you ARE GOOD Yes, thanks, the non use thing I knew about when I was closing (moving CL on my second Freedom card) a personal card a year ago, I asked about the $500 and they said "just in case you have rewards that would hit after you closed, you don't want to forfeit them"  That is why I LOVE Chase..... I have had the BA card only about 5 months, but will not move yet....I think it is too early, ALTHOUGH was thinking of just moving over 3K of the 10 - just so I have breathing room with Ink....and then cancel the card when the AF hits (and move the rest over then)....I did indeed send a SM about the bonus....will keep you all in the loop on that!

edit for horrible spelling!

@Anonymous @odd_dog.  The banker I deal with said to me the best time to move limits on a new card is 6 months.  He also said doing it in a branch - having the banker call lending directly is better because it does not make them suspicious.

If you are not going to be using the BA card, move more limits to the Ink Card...  Definately keep me in the loopSmiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Nocturnal
Contributor

I applied for a Slate last month and was approved. I applied for the Ink Plus yesterday and got 7-10 days message. I called this morning and he offered me to take some credit from the Slate to the Ink Plus.

TU FICO 2/14: 701
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.