Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase business card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chase business card

I stopped by chase branch couple days ago to open a checking account, when they put my ssn in the system, I was told that my ssn have been used as tax id # on my one of my ex-wife's chase business credit card. I called my ex-wife asked my ssn to be removed from the business credit card, she put my ssn as tax id number by mistake, this card is under her ssn, she called chase and they told her it cann't be removed or changed, what can i do? what will happen to me if she stop paying? thank you for your help.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: chase business card

I would ask if You are a co-owner or the actual owner of the card since your ssn is in play. I dont know how you can mistake a social security number for a tax id number becasue they are in diffrent sequence of numbers.

2wheel
Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are in big trouble...you must go and demand chase for that. i think you have the right to do that since you own the SSN and you didnt sign any authorization to anybody or your ex wife that you allow your SSn to be used. or you can demand her of paying all the bills till it is fully paid and that's the time you can remove your SSN and aply for your own credit.
Message Edited by llecs on 05-29-2009 01:39 PM
Message 2 of 4
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

I would ask if You are a co-owner or the actual owner of the card since your ssn is in play. I dont know how you can mistake a social security number for a tax id number becasue they are in diffrent sequence of numbers.

2wheel
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your reply, I called chase and was told they couldn't find any information related to that Chase business card, all they could find was the personal credit card with them which i am still using, and told me that my Ex-wife had to call in if the business account is under her ssn. After talking with ex- wife, find out that she applied for alot of business credit card back in 08, but she put her ssn as tax id # on every application (may be she mess this one up) because she is only person in this business(she sell on ebay),   How did Chase approved her with this, do they ever check the tax id number?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.