samanthathewitch

direct deposit question

I am going to be opening a business bank account soon after running my small business transactions out of my personal accounts last two years. I have two employees (who I have paid by cash for the last year) who will want to be paid direct deposit if possible. Can I do this with a business checking account or is that only if I set up with a payroll company?

I don't want to employ a payroll company but I do distribute 1099s at year end and pay my own business taxes.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: direct deposit question

I've never done this, but you can set up a direct deposit account via your bank. Check with the bank you run payroll out of. I know ours was always asking us to go with them, but I don't know how they'd do it. I use a payroll company now though. If you use software like Quickbooks, you can run it out of that too.

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

Re: direct deposit question

You can definitely do it through Quick Books if you use their software.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+