Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

direct deposit question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

direct deposit question

I am going to be opening a business bank account soon after running my small business transactions out of my personal accounts last two years. I have two employees (who I have paid by cash for the last year) who will want to be paid direct deposit if possible. Can I do this with a business checking account or is that only if I set up with a payroll company?

I don't want to employ a payroll company but I do distribute 1099s at year end and pay my own business taxes.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: direct deposit question

I've never done this, but you can set up a direct deposit account via your bank. Check with the bank you run payroll out of. I know ours was always asking us to go with them, but I don't know how they'd do it. I use a payroll company now though. If you use software like Quickbooks, you can run it out of that too.

Message 2 of 3
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: direct deposit question

You can definitely do it through Quick Books if you use their software.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.