Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it worth the recon?

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

is it worth the recon?

So im always shot down for company credit cards, the only thing I have company wise is a platinum and gold from american express. But they dont report  so it does me no good. I tried to apply for the barclays us air for business. I was given a 7-10 day message and got the letter today saying I was declined due to to many inquries. I guess thats true being that I was mortgage and car shopping, even though IM told they only count as one, Im seeing about 2 dozen individual HPs from all the places than ran my credit when interest shopping. 

It did say my TU score was 760 and that surprised me as I saw it was 736 by barclays fico score meter. I have had their personal us air for over almost 2 years and the arrival for a year next month. My uti is about 10% and I have about 48k worth of installment debt being reported, and my mortgage is not reporting yet according to the USAA credit check thing. 

Company has been open for quite a while, I Have more than 2 years of tax returns both business and personal to prove income, revenu, and business assets. I really dont understand why im always shot down for company cards, but can get a personal card relativly easy. I did have a line of credit in the company name, but I sold the house that was the collateral for it. So right now the company has no debt other than 800 dollars to american express. Any advice is really appreciated. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: is it worth the recon?

@awp317 wrote:

So im always shot down for company credit cards, the only thing I have company wise is a platinum and gold from american express. But they dont report  so it does me no good. I tried to apply for the barclays us air for business. I was given a 7-10 day message and got the letter today saying I was declined due to to many inquries. I guess thats true being that I was mortgage and car shopping, even though IM told they only count as one, Im seeing about 2 dozen individual HPs from all the places than ran my credit when interest shopping. 

It did say my TU score was 760 and that surprised me as I saw it was 736 by barclays fico score meter. I have had their personal us air for over almost 2 years and the arrival for a year next month. My uti is about 10% and I have about 48k worth of installment debt being reported, and my mortgage is not reporting yet according to the USAA credit check thing. 

Company has been open for quite a while, I Have more than 2 years of tax returns both business and personal to prove income, revenu, and business assets. I really dont understand why im always shot down for company cards, but can get a personal card relativly easy. I did have a line of credit in the company name, but I sold the house that was the collateral for it. So right now the company has no debt other than 800 dollars to american express. Any advice is really appreciated. 

Yes yes yes recon with credit dept backdoor!!

Message 2 of 7
awp317
Frequent Contributor

No luck. Want more history with my newer accounts. They didnt like that I had any accounts less than 12 months old. I asked too if I could close or PC my personal united to business, and he said it wasnt possible. All he told me was "keep using your personal barlcays cards, they are the only ones we can really see your payment history on" 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 3 of 7
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

No luck. Want more history with my newer accounts. They didnt like that I had any accounts less than 12 months old. I asked too if I could close or PC my personal united to business, and he said it wasnt possible. All he told me was "keep using your personal barlcays cards, they are the only ones we can really see your payment history on" 

How old is your company?

How's your company formed, sole proprietorship or LLC?

Message 4 of 7
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Business is 11 years old, It was an S corp until 2 years ago when I made it a full  C corporation. 

Message 5 of 7
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@awp317 wrote:

Business is 11 years old, It was an S corp until 2 years ago when I made it a full  C corporation. 

2 Years old Corp is still new but, you're PG' the credit card.

My guess is: They see,  that you have too much personal credit and you are not using it.

That is what he meant by saying "keep using your barclay credit" they see that you have enough money setting..

Message 6 of 7
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Even though the change happend two years ago I still told them 11 years for age of the company. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.