Did you mean: 

utilization on multiple business cards

tag
Bobbyjohnson
New Contributor

Re: utilization on multiple business cards

@myjourney wrote:

@Bobbyjohnson wrote:

data point:  I have 11k used out of 18.5k avaialble on Chase Ink Cash (as part of 0% offer). Over 200k in unused personal CLs. My Amex SPG business 11k out of 23k used (for about 6 months).  7th statement cut and bam, out of nowhere I get an email with a CLD'd to 11.3k. Fico is 757, no major drop. No new apps in about 6 months.

So just a word of caution with Amex Biz cards - don't carry a balance for too long.

We always suggest when statement cuts PIF although I understand the Ink 0% promo usage 

SPG usage tho I can't understand why didn't you put it under $0%? (curious that's all) 

You were carrying 22k on 41.5k limits 50% UTL 

I can see where this may have raised some red flags after an extended period

Depending on what amount you were paying towards the balance and interest over the course of 6 months on SPG. 

Since it has no $0% promo this can be trigger ^^^^^^^^

yeah, lesson learned on the biz side of CL utilization, use it to float for 30-60 days and thats about it. Payments always $100 over min. due. I just always assummed hitting the biz lines hard and ulilization % didn't really matter. Oh well, lesson learned, life goes on Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: utilization on multiple business cards

@Bobbyjohnson wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Bobbyjohnson wrote:

data point:  I have 11k used out of 18.5k avaialble on Chase Ink Cash (as part of 0% offer). Over 200k in unused personal CLs. My Amex SPG business 11k out of 23k used (for about 6 months).  7th statement cut and bam, out of nowhere I get an email with a CLD'd to 11.3k. Fico is 757, no major drop. No new apps in about 6 months.

So just a word of caution with Amex Biz cards - don't carry a balance for too long.

We always suggest when statement cuts PIF although I understand the Ink 0% promo usage 

SPG usage tho I can't understand why didn't you put it under $0%? (curious that's all) 

You were carrying 22k on 41.5k limits 50% UTL 

I can see where this may have raised some red flags after an extended period

Depending on what amount you were paying towards the balance and interest over the course of 6 months on SPG. 

Since it has no $0% promo this can be trigger ^^^^^^^^

yeah, lesson learned on the biz side of CL utilization, use it to float for 30-60 days and thats about it. Payments always $100 over min. due. I just always assummed hitting the biz lines hard and ulilization % didn't really matter. Oh well, lesson learned, life goes on Smiley Happy

Oh ok I got you now 

Yeah the best way to use unless you have a 0% promo is to pay it off and in that case you can run it up monthly to 100% and then PIF

Sorry it happened to you Bobby but with Amex after paying it down you stand a good chance of seeing the line increased again via 3x

Thanks for answering my question ...much appreciated 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.