12-10-2013 03:59 PM - edited 01-03-2014 10:19 AM
Hi, I just wanted to share my recent app spree experience.
Starting early April until today, the cards I've opened in order are,
1. Chase Sapphire (6.2k ->10k). Instant Approval. Don't remember the bonus now. 10k points after $1,000 probably.
2. Amex Blue Sky (5k ->15k). Instant Approval. Awesome deal in the mail. 30k points for the first $500. I redeemed that on a $400 plane ticket to Vegas recently!
3. Discount Tire Car Care One (1.5k). Instant Approval. I needed to get discounts on a set of new tires and SD'd it ever since.
4. PenFed Cash Rewards (2.5k). Origninally declined so I split my Platinum Rewards 5k into half and got this.
5. Amex BCE (5k). Instant Approval. $100 back for first $1000.
6. Citi Dividend (4.5k -> 20k). Instant Approval. $100 back for $1,000.
7. US Bank Cash Rerwards (1k). Instant Approval. Apped for Cash + but didn't get it. SD.
8. Walmart Discover (2.2k). Instant Approval. Got it only for the monthly TU FICO. Never used it.
9. Fidelity Amex (5k -10k)). 7-10 day message. Recon. Approval. No bonus but 2% on everything and no af.
10. BoA Better Balance Rewards (2.5k). 7-10 day message. Recon. Approval. With BoA Savings, its $120 free money each year.
11. DCU Visa Platinum Rewards (5k). Instant Approval. Got it only for the monthly EQ FICO. Will probably never use it.
12. Amex Premier Rewards Gold (NPSL). Instant Approval. Ok bonus of 25k points after $2,000.
13. Chase CSP (10k). Instant Approval. 50k points after $3,000.
(1) RIght before applying to CS, I got a CLI on Freedom from 1.5k to 5k over the phone. Instant Approval.
(2) Chase Sapphire CLI request to from 6.2k -> 20k, 6 months after opening. Approved for 10.2k but asked for 10k instead to get a round number.
(3) Same day as (2), Chase Freedom upgrade to Visa Signature and CLI request from 5k ->10k. Visa Siggy approved. CLI denied.
(4) Citi Dividend CLI from 4.5k to 20k upon activation. Waited a few minutes on the phone while they reviewed. Then to my big surprise, approved!
(5) Capital One Platinum CLI from $500 -> $1000. lol.
(6) Discover it CLI from $1,250 -> $1,750. um.. ok..
(7) Amex 3X CLI on Blue Sky to 15k with SP. Instant Approval.
(8) Fidelity Amex 5k->10k CLI request. Instant Approval.
(9) Discover it CLI. 7-10 day message. Approval $1,750 -> $5,750.
All in all. 13 new cards and 9 successful CLIs.
Credit history: 2 yrs 4 months.
AAoA: 7 months.
Carry balance on only one card.
Have all my credit cards' statement dates synched to easily manage.
Have never not PIF and will always PIF.
Recent scores are,
TU FICO 08 Classic: 766
EX FICO 08 Classic: 754
EQ FICO 04 Classic: 666 (FICO 04 apparently dislikes low AAoA very much). This was the score used by Cap1 and US Bank. Thus, very mediocre results.
Available credit: 94k.
It's been a crazy 8 months and with the receipt of my CSP today, I think I'm done with my app spree for now.
I've now got all the cards I want... almost.. Going to the garden for the first time.. probably..
Thanks for always being of good help FICO members! Good luck to the all who are going on app sprees and happy holidays!
EDIT: 12/12/13 Just added my 8th CLI.
EDIT2: 12/13/13 Just added my 9th CLI.
EDIT3: 1/2/14 Just added my credit card history timeline below.
Capital One Platinum
Amex Blue Sky
PenFed Cash Rewards
US Bank Cash Rewards
DCU Visa Platinum
1. Capital One Platinum: June 2012
$300 ->$500 -> $1,000
2. Discover it: August 2012
$750 -> $1,250 -> $1,750 -> $5,750
3. Chase Freedom: August 2012
$1,500 -> $5,000
4. PenFed Platinum: December 2012
$5,000 -> $2,500 (moved 2.5k to Cash Rewards)
5. Amex Blue Sky: April 2013
$5,000 -> $15,000
6. Chase Sapphire: April 2013
$6,200 -> $10,000 -> $5,000 (moved 5k to CSP)
7. GECRB Discount Tire: April 2013
8. PenFed Cash Rewards: October 2013
9. Amex Blue Cash Everyday: October 2013
10. Citi Dividend: October 2013
$4,500 -> $20,000
11. US Bank Cash Rewards: October 2013
12. GECRB Walmart Discover: November 2013
13. FIA Fidelity Amex: November 2013
$5,000 -> $10,000
14. BOA Better Balance Rewards: December 2013
15. DCU Visa Platinum Rewards: December 2013
16. Amex Premiere Rewards Gold: December 2013
17. Chase Sapphire Preferred: December 2013
12-10-2013 04:01 PM
Congrats! Thanks for sharing.
12-10-2013 07:29 PM
Awesome progress, your wallet looking real good OP! Congrats on your journey, thanks for sharing
12-10-2013 07:57 PM
Wow thats great, congrats!
12-10-2013 08:43 PM
superb results. hopefully you enjoy your stay in the garden. lol
12-10-2013 10:15 PM - edited 12-10-2013 10:23 PM
Upon approval did you immediately call for CSP increase or wait to activated card? SP or using same HP as app?
Hi, sorry if what I wrote was a little confusing. I will revise some of it.
I did not get CLI on CSP. I just received the card today.
I did get CLI on CS and that was 6 months after opening not on activation. I requested CLI on Freedom the same day just to see if it works. Surely, it did not.
The only card I got a CLI upon activation was Citi Dividend from 4.5k -> 20k. I was really surprised when they didn't even counter offer. I wasn't expecting them to actually say yes.. This wasn't some 61 day 3X CLI like on Amex. This was a 0 day, 4.4X CLI on CITI!
I asked for a possible CLI on my Fidelity Amex upon activation and they said they can give me 7.5k instead of 5k. I didn't like the odd number so I said no.
I've never tried CLI upon opening with Chase. It seemed to me like it wouldn't work for some reason.
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO