Reply
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!


HiLine wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

distantarray wrote:

 


HiLine wrote:

40k annual spending on a credit card should grant you any kind of credit limit you want lol


lol true enough


I don't know if I'd go that far. 40k in annual spending isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

40k annual spending on just ONE of your cards is quite a bit. 


I think my response was primarily aimed towards the comments above. I've pushed through about 100k in personal spending through my United card so far this year, but I wouldn't think for one second that I deserve any kind of credit limit I want.

 


 

I would say 25k is a gigantic credit limit, but if you have a realistic need for a higher limit you could give them a call and see what happens. 


I don't really need a higher limit than that. 25k for that card is plenty, although at some point I might ask for a CLI on my CSP. $12,700 is a bit low for my liking.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 2,906
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!


CreditScholar wrote:

HiLine wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

distantarray wrote:

 


HiLine wrote:

40k annual spending on a credit card should grant you any kind of credit limit you want lol


lol true enough


I don't know if I'd go that far. 40k in annual spending isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

40k annual spending on just ONE of your cards is quite a bit. 


I think my response was primarily aimed towards the comments above. I've pushed through about 100k in personal spending through my United card so far this year, but I wouldn't think for one second that I deserve any kind of credit limit I want.

 


 

I would say 25k is a gigantic credit limit, but if you have a realistic need for a higher limit you could give them a call and see what happens. 


I don't really need a higher limit than that. 25k for that card is plenty, although at some point I might ask for a CLI on my CSP. $12,700 is a bit low for my liking.

 


I have no doubt Chase will do their best to match the United card's limit for you. If you pull the trigger, let us know how it goes :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
SportBike4Life
Posts: 123
Registered: ‎07-22-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

Discover still won't budge on my credit limit of a measly $1,000 because I'm under 21... :smileysad:

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now :smileywink:
Valued Member
SubseaEngineer
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎09-07-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

I did the same thing as Youngman and got from $1,000 in January to $4,000 in June, and $7500 in August.

Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,548
Registered: ‎04-07-2008
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

Nice CLI's. Were they HP's?

 

I thought I was lucky when they pushed me from $6500 to $13500 on my 6 month mark.

 




Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 2,906
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!


SportBike4Life wrote:

Discover still won't budge on my credit limit of a measly $1,000 because I'm under 21... :smileysad:


What's your current level of spending on the card? If you can prove to them you're a big client, they will fulfill your requests more readily.

 

Valued Member
SubseaEngineer
Posts: 46
Registered: ‎09-07-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!


HiLine wrote:

SportBike4Life wrote:

Discover still won't budge on my credit limit of a measly $1,000 because I'm under 21... :smileysad:


What's your current level of spending on the card? If you can prove to them you're a big client, they will fulfill your requests more readily.

 


 

 

This is absolutely correct.  When I hit that 6 month mark, with a $1,000 CL, and $4K - $5K per month in charges (get up to $900 and pay down, get up to $900 and pay down, over and over and over again), it was easy for them to give me a big jump.

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!


youngman1234 wrote:
I got a discover more card last year in Nov 2011 since then at 6 months they gave me 1250. Then at 7 months I called in they increased it to 6750... At 8 months they increased it to 7000... Today at just a lil shy of 11 months limit is now 15k !!!!

CONGRATS!!!

 

They consistantly deny me. I've had the card since March and it's stuck at 1k. Refuse to use it until they increase it.

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
youngman1234
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎02-27-2012
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

Thanks.... I'm hoping to get it to 20-25 by march.... I spend like Crzy on it... Already charged more than 15,000 and have been making payments to just open it to charge again... Lol
Established Contributor
JusdoNit
Posts: 921
Registered: ‎12-10-2011
0

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

Congrats and nice system you got going there:smileywink:


Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge



myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+