Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/3 APPROVED! Chase, CITI, Barclays

tag
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

3/3 APPROVED! Chase, CITI, Barclays

First my Profile.

EQ FICO: 736. All other FICOs are +/- 10 points guesstimate.

AAoA: 3 years+

Inquries in the last year: EX: 3 EQ: 1 TU: 0

Utilization: 1%

So first up was Chase Priority Club for the 80,000 points offer after $1000 spent. They pulled EX(as usual). Gave me a "needs further review" message right away. 10 minutes later I called the automated app status line and said it was approved for $4500. Not as much as I hoped for because I wanted to get my first VISA Signature card. I ended up calling up customer service and they moved $1000 of that credit to my Freedom and initiated a VISA Signature conversion. Few days later I received a call from a CSR to verify some info and go over the VISA Signature terms etc.

Second up was CITI Dividend Platinum Select VISA(whatever it's called) for their $100 bonus after $500 spent. I had been getting multiple preapproval letters per week for months so I used one of those codes. They pulled EQ which I thought was odd because I read they usually pull EX in MA. It was an instant approval for $2000. WHAT?!?! seriously?? Errr, hopefully it grows or I can recon the intial CL somehow. I was quite disapointed. Not really planning on using this card much just wanted to get in with CITI for the future.

Right after CITI I applied for Barclays NFL Patriots card. I'm not even a sports fan but I wanted to get in with Barclays and their $400 back after $2500 offer was attractive. They pulled TU which was expected and great because I have no inquires whatsoever on TU. BAM instant approval for $7000 CL. My highest instant approval ever! Now that I've gotten some CL over $5000, I want one that's over $10,000. I might try to recon the CL on activation. Anyone know if it's possible?

I might be looking for apply for 1 more if you guys have good suggestions. Preferably looking for something with no AF. Also, what are the best ways to get a CLI on the latter 2 cards?

Also, if you guys have questions for me feel free to ask away!

EDIT: Looks like CITI double pulled me. They HPed both Experian and EQ! I guess I am a boarderline applicant...

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Re: Some approvals last week.

wow congrats Smiley Happy

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 2 of 33
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Congrats!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all of your approvals!!! cannot wait to get in with Chase hopefully soon!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 4 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats , Nice lineup

Message 5 of 33
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Congrats.
Message 6 of 33
flyingace
Valued Member

Is the Barclayscard really all that good? On CK, some of the reviews weren't stellar, but I guess I can't go by that. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 7 of 33
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

CONGRATS!!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: 3/3 APPROVED! Chase, CITI, Barclays

@SwiftTone wrote:

EDIT: Looks like CITI double pulled me. They HPed both Experian and EQ! I guess I am a boarderline applicant...

Double pulls seem to be very common.  The pulled me twice each for the Preferred and the Premier, and still gave good CLs on each.  So it may be that there are being increasingly cautious.

Message 9 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: 3/3 APPROVED! Chase, CITI, Barclays

@SwiftTone wrote:

First my Profile.

EQ FICO: 736. All other FICOs are +/- 10 points guesstimate.

AAoA: 3 years+

Inquries in the last year: EX: 3 EQ: 1 TU: 0

Utilization: 1%

So first up was Chase Priority Club for the 80,000 points offer after $1000 spent. They pulled EX(as usual). Gave me a "needs further review" message right away. 10 minutes later I called the automated app status line and said it was approved for $4500. Not as much as I hoped for because I wanted to get my first VISA Signature card. I ended up calling up customer service and they moved $1000 of that credit to my Freedom and initiated a VISA Signature conversion. Few days later I received a call from a CSR to verify some info and go over the VISA Signature terms etc.

Second up was CITI Dividend Platinum Select VISA(whatever it's called) for their $100 bonus after $500 spent. I had been getting multiple preapproval letters per week for months so I used one of those codes. They pulled EQ which I thought was odd because I read they usually pull EX in MA. It was an instant approval for $2000. WHAT?!?! seriously?? Errr, hopefully it grows or I can recon the intial CL somehow. I was quite disapointed. Not really planning on using this card much just wanted to get in with CITI for the future.

Right after CITI I applied for Barclays NFL Patriots card. I'm not even a sports fan but I wanted to get in with Barclays and their $400 back after $2500 offer was attractive. They pulled TU which was expected and great because I have no inquires whatsoever on TU. BAM instant approval for $7000 CL. My highest instant approval ever! Now that I've gotten some CL over $5000, I want one that's over $10,000. I might try to recon the CL on activation. Anyone know if it's possible?

I might be looking for apply for 1 more if you guys have good suggestions. Preferably looking for something with no AF. Also, what are the best ways to get a CLI on the latter 2 cards?

Also, if you guys have questions for me feel free to ask away!

CONGRATS!!!!! Smiley Happy

Time to hit the garden with those seedlings!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.