Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Chase app approvals on 2 HPs in a matter of a few days

tag
burntwilly
Valued Member

3 Chase app approvals on 2 HPs in a matter of a few days

Let me start off with some numbers just so you can get an idea of where I stand.  All 3 of my scores are teetering around 700-ish.. they go up and down depending on how much debt I currently have.  It's pretty high right now.. it goes up and down between 35% and 50% utilization, which in turn, negatively or positively affects my scores.. 702, 698, 695, 704, 710, 698, etc.  You get the idea with the general up and down action.

Current credit cards before the recent approvals:

Golden1 Rewards Visa - $2000

Discover IT - $3600 (auto-cli up form 3k a few weeks ago almost immediately after I redeemed cashback rewards)

Chase Freedom - $2200

Bofa Cash Rewards - $5000

Amex BCP - $6000 (successful 3x cli recently)

My gross yearly income is exactly 66,490

I have 0 negatives on my report, no baddies, etc.

I dont have a mortgage and dont pay rent.  I pay some measly bills, utilities, etc. as my part of living in my fiance's house.

Recently, I decided to pull the trigger on the amazon.com rewards visa simply because I buy a TON of stuf from amazon.com and I figure I might as well get 3% back on top of that glorious free 2 day shipping.  Chase immediately approved me for $4500 (I think my fako was 704 at the time...whichever one they checked.   I have to look still.  After that, I wondered if I might be able to use the same HP to get a CLI on my Chase Freedom since it was my lowest limit at the time.  The Chase rep said it would have to be an additional HP.  I said, fine let's do it.  He said, how much credit limit do you want total on the Freedom?  I said let's go with $4500 to match the amazon.com card.  Waited a moment.  Dude:  "Good news!  If you agree to a total limit of $4400 ($100 less than requested), then we can approve it without doing a HP.  Now, this was either triggered by the system or it's a numbers thing.  $4400 is exactly twice my current (at that time) credit limit, which was approvable, but $4500 was not.  Of course I took it.

Fast forward 1 day later.

I'm sitting at my computer on my 2nd or 3rd beer, and said, "screw it, let's go for the CSP."  Pulled the trigger and got this:

---------------- 

Thank you for submitting a credit card application to Chase.

Here's what you can expect next:

We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit
this application while waiting for our decision.

If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take
advantage of everything your card has to offer.

If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Thank you for applying for a Chase credit card.

---------------- 

Okay... so I'll wait until Monday and see if a new account shows up and if not, I'll knock on ye 'ol backdoor.  Today arrives.  No new account yet.  I call the credit analyst number listed on this site and immediately, some guy picks up the phone, sounding really nice.  I asked if I can find out if there's something I can do to push the approval forward, and he goes to check.  He comes back with this, "I'm sorry to say that you were denied because the CSp app was the 3rd consecutive Chase app within the same month, which triggers the system to auto-decline the application, but give me a moment to see what I can do."  Sure thing and thank you, I said.  He comes back and asks me my income (with the legal paragraph about alimony, etc.), and about my employer, job title, what I do, etc.  He goes away again for a minute then comes back and says he was able to approve me for $5000 (the minimum).   Which is fine by me.  I'm just happy I got him to reverse the auto-decline.

So in 2-3ish days, I went from a single $2200 Chase Freedom.... to..... $4400 Chase Freedom, $4500 amazon.com rewards visa, and $5000 CSP.  And on my lunch today, I signed up for Chase's checking account (for the trifecta) with a $125 bonus I yanked out of my "shred" pile.

Couldn't be happier. Now I just need to decide how to spend $3000 to get those 40k points.

Let me know if I missed something or if someone needs more data on something. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: 3 Chase app approvals on 2 HPs in a matter of a few days

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 15
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Congratulation. .. U are on roll ... Now plan to ripe welcome bonus.
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 3 of 15
One7
Valued Contributor

Awesome!  Congratulations on you success

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 4 of 15
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  Don't forget to add an AU on the CSP for an additional 5k UR points!

Message 5 of 15
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

You deserve my biggest congratulations so far.....Happy for you......Enjoy and celebrate......

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 6 of 15
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Congrats!

So with regards to your Freedom...you essentially cold-called an analyst about a CLI and they worked with you?  Has anyone else done this??

Message 7 of 15
burntwilly
Valued Member

With regard to the Freedom CLI, I used the number on the back of the card.. I may not have been clear about that.  But my attempt to push the CSP approval through was essentially cold calling the analyst, yes.

Message 8 of 15
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 15
burntwilly
Valued Member

I didn't bother asking for expidited shipping.  I figured I used up all my luck and didn't want to push it.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.